The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

subaru WRX

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 07:58 PM
HCF Member
Default subaru WRX

so...whos driven one? id like to find out a bit about this car...whats everyones personal opinion on handling, straightline, and details if you want. id like to know what people think about it

Old 08-02-2005, 08:38 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: subaru WRX

fixed a few --driven a couple---nice /quick /tight / car --- for something right out of the factory --try this --next time u see 1 at used car lot --just ask the guy for a test ride---then u tell him --eh it was OK --[even if u do like it] & telll him you will think about it --thats what i do

Old 08-02-2005, 08:42 PM
HCF Member

doubt i can get a test drive...but i have a friend who has a friend who owns one...might ask him if i can try it. cuz see...my cousin is offering me a healthy bit of $$ for my ride (almost 4k more than we paid for it) and i found one for aobut 10k...yeah...prolly not gunna take it tho

Old 08-02-2005, 08:44 PM
HCF Member

gotta drive it [sm=gears.gif]

Old 08-02-2005, 10:03 PM

10k is pretty cheap. I looked at an 01 silver one with leather and sunroof automatic the other day and they were pretty firm at 19k. They also had a used 03 Evo they wanted 30k for. My girl looked at the guy when he said that and said "Are you f$#@ing high?" I yanked her out of there so I never got to hear his answer.

Overall they are nice cars, we were looking at one just as a runaround car and thats it. Alot of people like to fix them up and they do get decent power, I just like to change spark plugs so Im not to enthusiastic about them.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Administrator

when i was a tech, i had a customer with a mildly built STi, good for 12.50s...with a nice stage 3 clutch..it was a hell of alot of fun to drive...i just did the brake work for him, some suspension stuff, tires..nothing major..but he was the kind of guy who would say "take it out and run it hard a bit...tell me what you think...

those were my favorite customers..

Old 08-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

my buddy I do body work with has a 2002 WRX wagon. It has a front mount intercooler, TurboX RFL BOV, Borla cat back, upgraded turbo to the Jap spec Sti turbo, Apexi S-AFC, boost controller, and frount mount sprayer. This car is freakin SICK! When you take off from a dead stop, it throws you back into the seat but then when the turbo has spooled up it PINS you to the seat. We have gotten a 13.5 out of it at the track but we know we can get it faster we just cant get it to hook up believe it or not. I have video of him running down the track and at take off he gets the a$$ end sideways.

Its pretty bad a$$ car I gotta say I'd love to have one

Old 08-03-2005, 10:32 AM

Just to be clear the STi and the regualar WRX are 2 totally different beasts.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

LEVIII is that a statement or question>?

Old 08-03-2005, 11:49 AM

statement. i haven't had the pleasure of driving one, but i have ridden in my buddy's new STi. he only has about $700 worth done to the engine right now, but that thing rips. he took a 90* turn at almost 60 and the car didn't flinch. the car sticks to the ground like it's on velcro. i think you're going to be pretty hard pressed to find a wrx though for 10g's or less. maybe an impreza, but not a wrx. i'd say if you want a similar feel, try to find a used mazdaspeed protege, i drove one the other day. it's fwd but handles like awd and is pretty quick with the turbo

Quick Reply: subaru WRX