The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Is there some kind of prepaid card....

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 12:53 AM
HCF Member
Default Is there some kind of prepaid card....

For people under 18 that's like a credit card so people under 18 could buy stuff off the net with out having to bug their parents lol. Anyone know of any such thing cause that would be really awesome. Like where could you get them to if there is.. I want to buy a few cd's and some shirts of the internet and stuff but ya my parents don't want me to use their card for it so I'm kinda stuck.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:25 AM
Default RE: Is there some kind of prepaid card....

i have a USAA pre-paid debit card that i use just like a credit card. its tied to my parents bank account so when i need money on the card, i just ask them to put so and so amount onand they can do so within minutes online and ill just give them the cash. i like it, real easy to use. one great thing about the debit card is that normally i dont have much money keept on it so if someone tries to steal it(its happened twice already), ill kno and they wont be able to buy very much if at all anything..i can check my balance and everything i've purchased thru the USAA website, which is how i found out my card was stolen to begin with.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:58 AM
Cat Fuсker

I have and will always use my check card:-DYour own money in plastic:-D

Old 08-01-2007, 04:56 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

i have a USAA pre-paid debit card that i use just like a credit card. its tied to my parents bank account so when i need money on the card, i just ask them to put so and so amount onand they can do so within minutes online and ill just give them the cash. i like it, real easy to use. one great thing about the debit card is that normally i dont have much money keept on it so if someone tries to steal it(its happened twice already), ill kno and they wont be able to buy very much if at all anything..i can check my balance and everything i've purchased thru the USAA website, which is how i found out my card was stolen to begin with.
Thanks for the heads up on a good company to deal with. I want to get these just to link to my paypal ebay account just in case anythingbad happens it wont wipe out my real bank account.

Plus like you said ill keep the funds low and if someone does get it, they can get only but so much out of that card.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:41 AM

i think Walgreen have an prepaidcredit card call Greendot.

https://www.greendotonline.com/contents/login.aspx