The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Things that REALLY piss me off

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 03:54 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Where you at in MI?

Old 07-15-2009, 04:51 AM
HCF Member

Thats not completely true. You can make a dirt bike into a street bike (called a dual sport or supermotard). A dual sport has OTD dirt tires that can go on the street and a supermotard has basically sport bike tires. Then you get a Baja Designs dual sport kit and you have a street bike. Or get a KTM 530 that is already street legal and put a big bore kit that makes it a 610. You now have a wheelie monster and one bada$$ bike. And you break away from the sport bike crowd too.

People who think that dirt bikes arn't cool.

Last edited by Brick; 07-15-2009 at 05:02 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:19 AM
HCF Member

-People on motorcycles doing 20 over the speed limit on I-25 while wearing no protective gear whatsoever. Stop doing wheelies to impress the girls in the car beside you, or you're going to be liquefied on the pavement, and I wouldn't feel the slightest bit bad about it.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:45 AM
HCF Member

-squids

Old 07-15-2009, 06:13 AM
Super Cereal Admin

-people that think dual-sports are the same as sportbikes. Actually, I should be more clear. You can turn a supersport into a dirt bike but no dirt bike on earth will ever be able to be a supersport

-People that think an over-bored KTM 530 would handle, brake, and accelerate like a CBR600rr

-People that apparently think all riders are squids and do wheelies in traffic

-People that have never even touched a sportbike and assume it's easy to do the speed limit. It's not easy to do the speed limit, and here's why: between your legs is a 100whp 360lb machine (if you're riding a 600... if you're on a liter bike, it's closer to 180whp and 400lbs... that's right, the new CBR1000rr is as powerful as the original Hayabusa) with a close-ratio 6-speed transmission and a hairtrigger for a throttle. I promise you (and everyone here who's been on a sportbike on a highway can attest to this) that once you get going, if you aren't constantly looking at the speedo, you'll find yourself doing 20 over and not even realizing it; on a sportbike, 75 feels like 55 does in a car. Trying to do the speed limit is like trying to do the speed limit in a twin-turbo'd McLaren F1.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:20 AM
HCF Member

+1! My thrashed 955 was IMPOSSIBLE to keep at speed. City streets were the WORST! Try doing 35 on a bike that strong. You end up rolling up to 45 - 50 and not even notice. Even trying to shift to a high gear doesn't help. To keep at the speed limit, you must constantly look at the speedo. BUT, with all the dumbass drivers out there, you simply can't do that. You have to know what everyone is doing, otherwise you may get hit by the dumb B getting on the highway WHILST on her F'n phone, not looking to merge.

-- People driving with their phone!
--People TEXTING and driving. Seriously. Its not safe. Your not that good of a driver.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Super Cereal Admin

-$8/hr 30-day apprentice-ships at dealerships

-dealerships that assume that, even though I maintained a 90% average through a 9-month automotive school, because I have no "shop experience" I don't know what I'm doing

-Lack of any job security whatsoever

I'm going to be very stressed out for the next 30 days =/

Old 07-15-2009, 09:44 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
-people that think dual-sports are the same as sportbikes. Actually, I should be more clear. You can turn a supersport into a dirt bike but no dirt bike on earth will ever be able to be a supersport

-People that think an over-bored KTM 530 would handle, brake, and accelerate like a CBR600rr

-People that apparently think all riders are squids and do wheelies in traffic

-People that have never even touched a sportbike and assume it's easy to do the speed limit. It's not easy to do the speed limit, and here's why: between your legs is a 100whp 360lb machine (if you're riding a 600... if you're on a liter bike, it's closer to 180whp and 400lbs... that's right, the new CBR1000rr is as powerful as the original Hayabusa) with a close-ratio 6-speed transmission and a hairtrigger for a throttle. I promise you (and everyone here who's been on a sportbike on a highway can attest to this) that once you get going, if you aren't constantly looking at the speedo, you'll find yourself doing 20 over and not even realizing it; on a sportbike, 75 feels like 55 does in a car. Trying to do the speed limit is like trying to do the speed limit in a twin-turbo'd McLaren F1.
Yeah, it's tougher to stay at the speed limit, and I can't claim to have ridden that powerful or high end of a bike, but even if they aren't looking at their speedometers, I can only hope they're not so blind that they can't notice all the cars they go screaming past. Now, I don't have issues with 90% of the riders out there, but for those 10% that I do get torqued about: put on something besides shorts and a t-shirt if you're doing 95 mph wheelies on our roads. (A) your *** might very well get smeared on the highway and (B) you lose control of your bike and you quite possibly throw someone else in danger too.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by neo1piv14
Yeah, it's tougher to stay at the speed limit, and I can't claim to have ridden that powerful or high end of a bike, but even if they aren't looking at their speedometers, I can only hope they're not so blind that they can't notice all the cars they go screaming past. Now, I don't have issues with 90% of the riders out there, but for those 10% that I do get torqued about: put on something besides shorts and a t-shirt if you're doing 95 mph wheelies on our roads. (A) your *** might very well get smeared on the highway and (B) you lose control of your bike and you quite possibly throw someone else in danger too.
So basically, you could have summed it up as:

Originally Posted by PunisherInOKC
-squids

Or as I like to call them... "skin crayons"

Old 07-15-2009, 10:26 AM
HCF Member

If they are flying past you, they are lil squiddies. New kids on the big bad bike. lmfao. They are the bike worlds version of ricers. And why wear a helmet and gear? That just keeps the girls from noticing how hot you are. And the gear is just TOO hot!
Dont worry, they will soon learn their lesson. There are 2 kind of riders - those who have been down and those who are going to go down. You find that most of your good riders have gone down and learned their lesson.

Quick Reply: Things that REALLY piss me off