The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Things that REALLY piss me off

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 06:35 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022

-That moment when you realize sh*t's about to hit the fan. You know what I'm talking about. You're not even f*cking worried about what's about to happen. Pure and utter acceptance that you're about to get anally raped by the situation, and it's not even going to give you the courtesy of using lube. That moment where your only thoughts are along the lines of "Jesus titty-f*cking Christ, this is going to f*cking suck worse than Carlos Mencia's jokes," or "F*ck Goddammit." You're coming around a turn on a bike and you realize you're not going to make the turn (going wide into a ditch f*cking sucks, by the way). You come over the crest of a hill on a back road at 70mph only to see that there's a dip in the road followed by a sharp-a** turn
Oh brother have I lived this one. When I was being a dumbass on my 955. Going 120 < yeah, I know. I suck. Eat me.> and came over the top of a hill. Right after the hill was a MEAN left turn. I leaned left, drug knee, just to have the bike say 'Nope, not today!". Bike threw me over the right side, and as I was rolling, it was rolling all around me. I remember seeing the bike landing soo damn close to me. I thank god I didn't die. All I got was a lil rash, that has now healed pretty darn well! Needless to say - no more 120 on a bike for me, unless I can afford track time < not drag racing, the REAL man track>..

Old 08-25-2009, 06:42 PM
HCF Member

That moment when you realize sh*t's about to hit the fan. You know what I'm talking about. You're not even f*cking worried about what's about to happen. Pure and utter acceptance that you're about to get anally raped by the situation, and it's not even going to give you the courtesy of using lube. That moment where your only thoughts are along the lines of "Jesus titty-f*cking Christ, this is going to f*cking suck worse than Carlos Mencia's jokes," or "F*ck Goddammit."
These situations are in daily life too haha and they suck teh *****

Old 08-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I don't even remember that much of my first (and only *knock on wood*) highside; I was unconscious for a good part of it (slammed hard enough that I got knocked out even though I was wearing a helmet). I remember realizing I was going to go wide, deciding to get the bike up enough to brake without laying it down (because, you know... it worked so well for me), then I remember sliding on the ground on my left shoulder and helmet (facing the way I'd come from), then the next thing I knew, I was laying there. I sat up, took my helmet off and sat it next to me, and realized what happened... needless to say, the only thing I was worried about at the time was my bike. It was on its left side as I remember, also facing the direction I'd come from. I ran to the bike, looked over the right side (which was untouched, save for the mirror glass missing and broken front signal), and grabbed the bar with my left hand to pull it up to look at the left side. Sure enough, I dropped like a f*cking rock as soon as I straightened out my arm to pull the bike up. I ended up calling my dad to have him help me get the bike out of the ditch (along with the help of a farmer who happened to live about 100' from where I laid it down). I ended up riding the bike back to my house (about 3 miles, give or take). The bike was actually fine... a few scratches, 2 cracks in the left fairing and 2 in the front upper as well as a lot of scratches, missing mirror (I still have both mirrors. One sans glass and one snapped off at the stalk)... still rode just fine, nothing bent on it. My shoulder was a different story; I had no strength in it at all for about a week after it, and I can still pop my shoulder (freaks people out... it's a nice, distinct popping sound too. Like cracking your fingers, but a lot deeper of a sound). According to my ex, when I do it, you can see my shoulder pop out of place and back in.

-Laying down a bike around a 25mph turn while doing 40-45. The same turn you subsequently go on to take at 83 coming the opposite direction, which means I can take the tighter radius turn at over 80, but I can't take the wider part of the turn at half that speed lol. It took me a year to get over my fear of left turns, too.

-That literally 3/4 of my accidents (car and bike) were around left-hand turns. Needless to say, I still get apprehensive going around left turns. Actually, the only right-hand turn-related incidents I've had was when I made the mistake of leaning hard on my buddy's R6 when it still had a cold tire (the kid had been riding it for 15-20 minutes before I got on. How the f*ck was the rear tire still cold?). Of course, as soon as I got the bike down, the rear came right out from below me. Also, bikes tend to throw cool sparks when they're sliding along the ground. And I'm still debating what sucks more. Highsides or lowsides. So far my experience with highsiding is you get knocked the f*ck out, whereas you get a ton of road rash when you lowside. I'm pretty sure the both suck equally, but at least with highsides you have a slight chance of recovering it in true ninja bada** style (I'll edit with a video in a second).

*edit: F*cking ninja-style that sh*t

*edit #2: That bike he's on has a Devil shotgun exhaust. Or at least Devil styled the shotgun exhaust after that style of GP exhaust. Either way, I'd use a sack full of kittens to kill a family of puppies to have a bike with that exhaust.

Last edited by reaper2022; 08-25-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:11 PM
HCF Member

Darn you and the cool video that I'm dying to see. But, I cannot see due to zee dialup. I hate living in the country. Time to move!

Old 08-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Super Cereal Admin

haha, you've probably already seen it... most riders have. It's the one where the GP rider (can't think of who it was, off-hand) high-sides, goes over the bars, does a little handstand on the front of the bike (okay, maybe he was still holding onto the bars and his face was holding up his body), falls back and off to the side of the bike, the bike wobbles a little, he gets on his knees then to his feet, swings his leg back over the bike, and goes back to the whole "riding a bike without dying" thing. All while the bike is in motion, mind you. And we can only guess the speeds this happened at, but given that it's Moto GP, the speeds were probably in the "d*mn that's fast" category.

Still, I'd wait for it to load. It's something like 18 seconds long, so the load time should be around the time it takes you to make a sammich and eat it.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Stinky Administrator

thats a sweet vid, oh yeah i was out hanging my car up to dry.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:28 PM
HCF Member

haha, i've seen that vid before.

-I hate Senior year of mech. engineering, full class load, undergrad research program, extra FE examination review class, studying for FE examination to get ready for my PE in 5 yrs., Senior labs, applying for the GRE and sending in applications for grad school. I don't even know if it's worth it anymore, lol.

-Paying $700 in books for one semester. ($700-being the lowest possible price anywhere with all the books being in used condition...... )

Old 08-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Chubby Chaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnxyIJJObR0

this is what i mean its not your driving you gotta watch for its everyone else's

Old 08-25-2009, 07:34 PM
HCF Member

Oh yeah- i actually saw that race.
One that is WAY cooler was on speed. Two guys are hittting this corner hard as hell. One bike clips the other, guy in the back falls off of his bike. His bike gets STUCK on the bike in the lead. Guy keeps riding with this bike stuck on his. Was great.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:52 PM
HCF Member

-People who wear White sunglasses
-People who pop their collars, cmon its stupid.
-People who dont wear an undershirt when wearing a polo/button up... Whats the point? lol

Quick Reply: Things that REALLY piss me off