The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

ticket

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 12:48 AM
Default ticket

well, tonight i was driving to the resturaunt where me and the rest of this car club hang out, and i was about 3 feet from the line at an intersection when the light turns yellow, i precede on through, but right as i get to the line it turns red, so it was yellow for about 1-3 seconds, and i obviously cant stop that quick in my CRX, that needs a brake job anyways, so i dont stop, there is a cop sitting to my left, waiting to turn onto the road i was on, and he pulls me over, i got a ticket, and i was wondering if i could fight this, because it is a bull**** reason(IMO)

Old 03-08-2006, 12:52 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: ticket

you can try, im not sure if ur gonna get very far. but with a little luck the cop wont show and it wont matter anyways

Old 03-08-2006, 01:31 AM

yea normally, if you're at least half way thru the intersection then its not a prob. but since you just started going thru, not sure. like LODR said. try and fight it and hope the cop doesnt show up.

Old 03-08-2006, 06:36 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I've actually been in this situation.......twice.

All I had to do was go down there and tell them that I was not within safe braking distance. If i'd hit my brakes, theres a chance I would have slid through the light anyway. Just be honest, tell them there just wasn't sufficient braking distance, and that if you really wanted to run a red, you wouldnt have picked one with a cop sitting at it.

But seriously, fight it, you'll win.

...out of curiosity, how much is the ticket?

Old 03-08-2006, 09:52 AM

thanks for the advise Forty, psychoicivic, and LORDofdaRINGS... i told the damn cop i didnt have enough room to stop, and that i would of stoped in the middle of the intersetion if i did...then i told him i need new brakes...being honest...he just kept saying "i dont know how to answer that" and he ws being a dick about the hole thing... so i think him and this other cop who showed up...to check on things were just tryin to reach Quota this week, or month, idk, but i saw them pull atleast 3-4 people over before he got me, and that other cop started snooping arround.. i will go fight it, i got lucky and my dad also agrees with me, but Should i go talk to an attourny about this matter, before i go infront of a Judge?

Old 03-08-2006, 10:24 AM

IMO its always worth it to fight a ticket. Sometimes the cop wont show up, so its cleared, and even if he does, present your case honestly to a judge. Im not gonna say that the judge wont be biased toward the cop, but at the very least, hes gonna reduce your fine. I had a like $200-something ticket, tried to fight it, lost (unfortunately), but in the end, only paid like 44 bucks.

And unless you have like a family friend who is an attorney, I wouldnt waste the money. They charge a lot for legal advice, without even defending you in the court room. Good luck with the ticket.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

^Exactly. You'll end up paying way more for legal advice than you would if you just paid the ticket. Just go in, be honest, and have confidence that you are right. There won't be a problem

Old 03-08-2006, 12:37 PM
HCF Member

I say fight it, Im going to fight my "unlawful use of lighting" ticket.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:44 PM
HCF Member

Thats going to hard to fight. The lights are either on or off.............

Old 03-08-2006, 12:48 PM
HCF Member

after I installed them a state trooper had told me the underbody's were okay to have on.

Quick Reply: ticket