The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Times Change

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Default RE: Times Change

ahh damn, i love the 2 door subies. how much did u get it for? good luck with getting all the bugs fixed and such!

Old 06-19-2006, 08:39 PM
HCF Member

got it for $7000 because of the problems. The only downfall of the awesome two door look is the back seat is horribly small. way worse than the civic. Im a short guy so i dont even have my seat about 3 to 4 clicks from all the way back and there is about 8 inches between the back of my seat and the backseat. but i rode in a 2004 STI once and even it being 4 door it wasnt much bigger back there

Old 06-19-2006, 09:09 PM

nice choice, i would like to own a subie, but i am gonna stay with honda for as long as i can so... good luck with the electricle probs. that happend on my old honda with the windows, and al it was, was that the plug into the door was not in all the way...if you understand waht im sayin...lol..

Old 06-19-2006, 09:18 PM
HCF Member

Dude who cares how small the back seat is, your not driving in the back seat.... well unless your that guy from Police acadamy. and if your worried about people not having enought room then just take out the back seat and don't take anyone anywhere lol

Old 06-19-2006, 09:57 PM
HCF Member

poor civic..i liked your car alot, good luck with the new car tho!! nice project

Old 06-20-2006, 12:06 AM
HCF Member

schweettt i love coupes no matter what.. theres a nice de coupe mirage.. its not really nice.. but its 2 door..and slammed in the rear.. its kinda fun

Old 06-20-2006, 12:14 AM
HCF Member

well based on the block dementions and such im under the impression that the STi has the same engine as the RS but they built the **** out of it. wrx is unique.

i could be wrong tho.

Old 06-20-2006, 12:32 AM
HCF Member

Well the american STi is a 2.5 and all jap subies are 2.0L (rally rules) hence why evos are 2.0L. But i believe the main difference between an sti and an rs is the block, internals, and ecu, not to mention the lack of turbo in the rs. A full STi swap into an RS would cost around $8. But i care about the backseat because the seat doenst fold down and i will have no room for my snowboard and other junk. plus ive slept in the backseat of the civic once. But all said and done i am super excited. I will miss the civic but i just ran out of things to do on it. I get in the mood to go work on something and i cant find anything to work on it unless i buy something to install first. Im am sorry to say that when winter comes i wont miss the civic one bit

Old 06-20-2006, 08:36 AM

First of all I never said the 2 door wasnt sharp. The 22b is the best looking impreza ever, but that car is NOTHING like the 22b. The new WRX and STI share the same block )they are both 2.5 liters if you actually read my first post), as well as everything else besides the turbo, the injectors (the WRX's injectors are actually now bigger than the sti's), the intercooler, and a few other minor things. The motor and internals are all the same between the WRX/STI/LGT/FXT.

and the whole reason why they changed it to a 2.5 block was to make it cheaper to build in the US, because Subaru is going to have all USDM Imprezas manufactured in the US in 2008 at a plant in Illionis.

Old 06-20-2006, 11:02 AM
HCF Member

YES! I love the 22b. i would import one of those way before i would a skyline. well over 300 horsepower from a boxer engine. Not to mention they look hella sweet

dont worry about the two door thing. to each his own. And if you didnt catch it i have a 2.5RS not a WRX. The RS is practically a complete different engine than the WRX/STi. So my parts arent interchangable. The WRX didnt come out until 2002 i believe.

Quick Reply: Times Change