The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

UPDATE: sooo its going in the classifieds

Old 03-18-2006, 01:51 PM
HCF Member
Default UPDATE: sooo its going in the classifieds

thats right. im opting out of the 6th gens in favor for a lighter 5th gen coupe or hatch. im thinking hatch because i wanna autox it, but maybe a coupe if i decide to drag it instead. wish me luck on getting a buyer!

Old 03-18-2006, 01:58 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: sooo its going in the classifieds

Good luck man

Old 03-18-2006, 07:09 PM
HCF Member

why not try to get an EK hatch?? it would make a good autox'er... but yeah i do like the 5th gens too, good luck

Old 03-18-2006, 07:18 PM
HCF Member

thx. i just dont like the styling of EK hatches as much as EG hatches. and the weight is attractive on an EG.

Old 03-18-2006, 07:21 PM
HCF Member

ahh touche.. they so weigh less, but personally i like the EK's more than the EG's but only the hatch's... i like the coupe's the same for both gen's

Old 03-18-2006, 09:17 PM

i would def go with the EG, i like how the back window isn't slanted as much. plus the weight issue.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:38 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: UPDATE: sooo its going in the classifieds

so i was up at the school until 8:30 today, and i got back and my mom said i got a call for my car. so i called this dude back, some guy over in battle creek is offerering 6.5 grand. YAY! thats more than i hoped for. hes coming over on friday to check it out and so i might be selling it. im pumped. maybe i will get that EG up near flint!

Old 03-22-2006, 11:26 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny
maybe i will get that EG up near flint!
if itsw the one iin the other thread, you can get it with money to spare. and then if something goes wrong with it when you first get it, you won't be put in a bind. but i would seriously have it checked out before you buy it.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:38 AM

Hey if it is more than you wanted take him up. As far as the car if that's the one you want get it. You still have money you can drop in it. I would still try to contact the owner and see if I could talk him down. It never hurts to try. The worst thing he can say is no. If you still want it then still pretty good price. The car does look clean, but definately take a look at it before handing over money.

Old 03-23-2006, 08:46 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: 06Si
I would still try to contact the owner and see if I could talk him down. It never hurts to try. The worst thing he can say is no. If you still want it then still pretty good price. The car does look clean, but definately take a look at it before handing over money.
good strategy. That's one thing I've discovered over the years of buying/selling cars, and buying a house, used parts, etc... It's very rare that someone gets pissed off about you trying to talk them down, it's all part of the game. When I went to buy my civic, the guy at the dealership wouldn't go any lower when I asked, he explained why, and it all made sense so I bought the car anyway. The one thing to take away from my senseless babbling is that you shouldnt be afraid of offending someone with a lower offer when it comes to buying something so expensive, it's almost expected.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UPDATE: sooo its going in the classifieds