The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I think Hyundai's are great.
10.34%
Yes
37.93%
No, I think Hyundai's are junk.
37.93%
No
10.34%
I have no knowledge of Hyundai's.
3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Who would buy a hyundai?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 11:45 PM
Default Who would buy a hyundai?

Who likes and would want to purchase, own, and maintain a Hyundai vehicle for a few years?

Old 07-24-2006, 11:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Who would buy a hyundai?

NOPE.....if you wreck a fake honda then u are gunna total it...sry but my opinion

Old 07-24-2006, 11:54 PM
HCF Member

HAHAHAHA speaking of hyundai's my freind has had three and totaled them all, hahaha i never thought of them as fake hondas! nice 1c1v1c1, no i would not want one.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:54 PM

a believer...finally sumone who thinks they r garbage like me...yay...thank-you

Old 07-25-2006, 12:14 AM
HCF Member

no prob bob!

Old 07-25-2006, 12:18 AM

i drove an 03 tiburon before my civic now, the car was great, except that a lot of things seem pretty cheaply made. the clutch didnt last very long, only about 30k miles, and that was driving easy on the car. also, the trunk release button failed to work after having the car for a year. the speakers in the car rattle pretty badly, when not even turned up very loud. thats all that i could think off of the top of my head.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:05 AM
Stinky Administrator

no i wouldn't have one why do you think they have a 100,000 mile warranty [:'(][:'(]

Old 07-25-2006, 02:41 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: travman82

HAHAHAHA speaking of hyundai's my freind has had three and totaled them all, hahaha i never thought of them as fake hondas! nice 1c1v1c1, no i would not want one.
haha yeah my friend ran into a pole with his Fhonda and he totaled it..i was likke wow..and he wasnt going that fast either...haha

Old 07-25-2006, 05:10 AM

More and more, I've been reading good reviews of Hyundai's in magazines and onlines. Apparently, their newer models are increasingly refined and are becoming almost passable copies of the Camry. I know a couple people who are happy with their Hyundai's and, knowing their car buying histories, could have done a lot worse than a Hyundai.

That being said, I think, personally that Hyundai's are utterly styleless, undesigned, knockoff, cheap, appliance crap boxes that are made almost exclusively for people who think of cars as nothing more than a device that gets them from point A to point B and, if they knew better, could have saved a ton of money and just bought a used JAPANESE car. I'd drive an older Maxima or a 626 before even considering a Hyundai.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:16 AM
HCF Member

Stylistically i wouldn't buy a Hyundai b/c they don't really look that good and they won't help your street cred. As far as the quality of the car, i don't think that they are bad cars. My auto teacher drives a hyundai and he has been driving one for many years and will always drive one(used to work for hyundai). Every year he gets a new, fully loaded, Sonata. He got a new one towards the end of the year and brought it into school one day. I was looking at it and the car didn't look bad and the interior was alright. If anyone bad mouths Hyundai, my teacher would tell them to drive the car and tell him what the problem is. Hyundai had a really bad rep as bieng cheap, POS cars (which they were) when they first came to this country. It takes an average of something liek 15 years to shake off a bad rep. I think American cars are going to through a similar problem with thier cars since they have a rep of also being unreliable cars from many years ago. I once changed the oil on a Hyundai that hadn't had the oil changed in like 6 months or so, im pretty sure it was beat up a quite a bit. The engine ran fine other than the sludge found under the oil cap.

Quick Reply: Who would buy a hyundai?