The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Wish me luck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 09:17 AM
HCF Member
Default Wish me luck!!!

Today, I have a meeting with an army recruiter. I have been tossing up the idea about joining for a while. but i havegotten really serious about it here lately. and its down to the point where i KNOW i'm joining. i just don't know which branch. I know im going in this summer. probably going to ship out this june. what should i look for as orders and what kind of sign-on bonus should i seek? I am going to be a MP. and i am lookig at active duty. I'm ready to leave this area for a while. I want to see the world and get paid to do it. It might be tough but i think i can handle. No, i know i can handle it.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Wish me luck!!!

sounds like you've got the right attitude. Thank you for serving our country, and I wish you the best of luck!

Old 04-04-2006, 10:06 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

sounds like you have a good attitude

my brother was in the infantry and he was in iraq at a bad time

good luck with everything

Old 04-04-2006, 10:12 AM
HCF Member

I was in the Navy for 2 years.Do it it will be fun.Check with other branches and see who can give you a better deal at the time.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:35 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: natecivic92

I was in the Navy for 2 years.Do it it will be fun.Check with other branches and see who can give you a better deal at the time.
Oh yeah i'm definately not going to just sign a contract at lunch today. But i dpo want to have an idea as to what to expect. I want them showing up at my house saying [sm=proof.gif] cause then i'll be like [sm=headbang.gif] and then i'l hafta be like [sm=patriot.gif] which is fine. I have had one year of school under my belt and all i have learned is how to [sm=icon_guiness.gif] [sm=alcoholic.gif] and [sm=pimp.gif] and how to do it quickly. and my friend who is not in school joins me on weekends [sm=icon_cheers.gif] and we get together with friends and[sm=partyparty.gif] but i guess i'll probably do alot of that in the service also won't i? lol.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:42 AM

awesome. my 2 step bros were in the navy and they seemed to love it. they went all around the world and had fun. one of them was stationed on the Nimitz aircraft carrier and the other was on some battle ship and was working on a sub for a lil while too. read everything before signing anything, cuz after u've signed the right papers, they pretty much own u..

good luck and thanks for serving our country!

Old 04-04-2006, 11:52 AM

It depends on what you want to do. An MP I would say Army or Air Force if they have one, I'm sure they do. I'm a lil partial to Army myself being that I am in the national gaurd branch of it. I not long got back from a year tour in Iraq and Air Force has it a lil better over there. Air Force pretty much always have nicer facilities than any other branch. Being that you are not pror service they pretty much going to put you where they want you. They might give you an option if it is possible. As far as bonus that depends on what your MOS is going to be. I think active duty sign up is $30,000 for any kind of combat arms, but don't quote me on that. Oh and as far as the recruiter goes ask someone active duty about what he says cause I have heard where recruiter screwed several people. And if it ain't on paper it never happened and you can ask anyone in the service and they will tell you the same thing. Always keep any knid of paper work that you sign, I have seen people get really screwed because they threw it away or got lost, even it it don't seem improtant keep a copy. If you have any questions I will try to answer and ther is also others in military that is on this forum that will help. Let us know what the recruiter tells you.

Old 04-04-2006, 03:24 PM
HCF Member

Ok so here is whats going on. I go tomorrow to set up a profile on myself in the computer. I have to take in all transcripts from my high school and from my college. I also have to show them my diploma so they can make a copy of it. Thursday i go to MEP to take the asvab. After that when they recieve my scores, which will be high i might add, we are going to the crown hotel in knoxville. this is where the rest of the next day projections will also be staying. I will be briefed on different things, and i will take the physical, breathalyzer, drug test. (exactly how long is it that weed stays in your system? I forgot. Damn!) J/k. i have never participated nor do i condone the participation of indulging illegal substances. after i take all of this i will pick my job, orders, pick from sign-on bonuses and Make my wish list of places i would like to be stationed. if i choose to accept, which i probably will, i will sign on the dotted line, be sworn in, and welcomed to the family. Oh yeah and on thursday i will be getting up at 6 a.m. lol. When he said 6a.m. I was like wait just a minute. you mean to tell me that there is to 6 o'clocks in one day. lol. he was like yeah you might want to get used to it.

I have decided to go in the ARMY b/c my dad was in the army and my dad's dad was in the army.
I have decided to go into the service b/c I need to learn self dicipline, motivation, and confidence.

I also get to keep my car. I am not going to sell it. With my sign-on bonus i am going to replace my rotors, pads, clutch, bumpers, window regulators, and replace the tint. I will also paint it. I think i will get it all done at the same time. I was told after i get out of Basic i get to take my car with me wherever i go. So that will be pretty sweet. I will have a sweet looking car when my dad brings it to me after i get out. i will probably ship off at the end of June. so that is plenty of time to fix up mi carro, and party my fu(king *** off. <lol. oops i made a boo boo.