Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

bad luck bad luck

Old 08-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Default bad luck bad luck

ahhh i'm soo pissed! my engine is leaking oil now! ever since i bought this car in march something has been wrong with it. First it was the FPR so i changed that and now the engine's leaking oil! ahhhhh just venting.

Anyways all the shops are closed right now but i think i might swap in a b20 or just put another d16y8 in their depending on cost ... so since i can't call the shops for an estimate just wondering what would be a good estimate for putting one of these in. I know that i could probably do a swap myself but i want to know what it would cost to have a shop put it in.

I haven't checked to see where its leaking at i just looked under my hood noticied oil on the lower part of the bumper ... so i checked the oil and i was way low ... i may be blowing it out of proportion but i'm pissed.

Old 08-31-2006, 08:15 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: bad luck bad luck

Sounds to me like you are definitely blowing it out of proportion. Take your time, find where it is leaking from, and fix it. And oil leak is not usually enough reason to have to swap the motor

Old 08-31-2006, 02:36 PM
Default RE: bad luck bad luck

yep i think i was blowin it out of proportion ... looked into it further and haven't found the leak yet but i took a look at my FPR (its an adjustable one with a gauge) and it was at 50 psi!! should never have went adjustable its been nothing but problemstrying to get it to stick to one psi. So obviously my car was running a little rich ... my friend who works on hondas alot had an extra FPR lying around so i have one on the way ... Just was wondering whats the stock diameter for fuel hose? And anyone have any opinions on what it could be.