The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

World Wide Imports Idea

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 08:05 AM
Default World Wide Imports Idea

As Ihad read on one of the posts yesterday about World Wide Imports, I think we should really be serious about this and starting this as a car club and have a little event in the spring and the fall of every year. This would be a good way for people to show off there rides and meet new people from around the world if people. An idea could be that we could get together and rent a race track together for one day and have a car show and give out rewards and also have a little fun and actually see everyones rides not only from the U.S. also from other places from the world such as Drift Queen from Australia I would like to meet her and also Amanda the Administrator. I have one of my friends from the S2K forum posting this Idea on this site to hopefully get this started we have the rest of fall and the rest of winter to talk about this and find out where we can have this event held TWICE a year and make plans about letting people know to see if they would actually support this Idea so we can finally be serious about showing our cars and having one big international car club and maybe some sponsors form around the world. Personally I thinkthis would be a good idea for us all, we get enough people we can get enough people to get this to a good start. We can also get the stickers WWI across the front of our wind shields and get this thing to a rolling start and be SERIOUS. You know how the bikers get together and meet and have events such as bike rallies, we could do this for our cars and meet new people and have a little fun while we're at it. I am SERIOUS about it and my friend from the S2K forum is also serious about it (I also work with him). Reply if you are serious about this and I can't do this by my self post this on other import sites so we can get this started SERIOUSLY and also let me know what you think. BECAUSE I AM REALLY ABOUT THIS AND OTHER PEOPLE I KNOW ARE REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS ALSO.

[IMG]local://upfiles/704/34368DAF24C749E48E6B996A3CBA6B47.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/704/E7A3E6313F0D4F9CAA0DCD2D7C5CA384.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/704/1F3DEC8AD136443F8F80233C1000078F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-08-2004, 11:08 AM
Default RE: World Wide Imports Idea

Some one make a reply on what they think about this soon please!

Old 10-08-2004, 03:20 PM
HCF Member

You really want honesty?

Well, where do I start...

Its a cool idea and would be pretty awesome, but its' not feasable. A world wide car club? OK, say you have a show... do you really think tons of European car owners are going to pay over $3,000 to ship their car to and from the states for some car show? Well, living in europe now i'm going to go out on a limb and say "hell no". No offense, but its just not even close to being worth that kinda money. Hmm, what should I do? Go to a car show or drop a full-up turbo kit in my car... decisions, decisions. Thats what LOCAL clubs are all about and LOCAL car shows. Alot of times LOCAL clubs are throughout the states but broken up into chapters which are locatd in different cities. I've been in car clubs since i've had a car and i'm just telling you right now it won't work. Its hard enough to get a chapter to drive out of one state let alone a bunch of individuals to drive to god knows where over how many states and seas for a show.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I dont see it happening. It would be great, but think reality. BUT, if it does happen i'll buy you a plane ticket here so you can personally slap me for being a dick, haha.

Good luck on it, honestly.

Old 10-08-2004, 07:37 PM

HaHa my idea lol. Yea i got some people down in pittsburgh pa that will be up for it. I have the capibility to do so ( site wize too) because i made my own site jsut foolin around www.412crew.com. But up 2 you guys

Old 10-09-2004, 11:43 PM

It sound slike a good idea but i might have to go with polo on this one. Is what AMANDA needs to do is put like different areas of the STATES or UK so we now who is in in our state then we could get together and do stuff with them and then do stuff with other people this what you are saying, but it might work it might not we will see