The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Wrong Reasons...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Default Wrong Reasons...

Ever feel like your into cars for the wrong reasons? Here's my story I have a friend one of those loud *** sorta tolerable guys right? But at time he's start talking about cars like he just finished playing need for speed underground or something. He'll go on to talking about V8s this american muscle that when he doesn't know jack ****. And he keeps repeating a quote from a movie which was part of the whole import ricer thing 2Fast 2Furious "i have a problem with authority". So you can see how this can be annoying. So since me and another friend of mine who actually study and read about cars all types of cars started getting annoyed with his rambling about "american muscle" which actually died out in the late 70s because of gas prices 5.0L V8s only pushing 150Hp? So we decided to test him see if he even knew anything at all so the first simple and most obvious test possible, we got a friend of ours to go up to him and ask him which engine would fit better in a mustang V8 (and yes this question doesn't even make sense and thus the obvious answer) A. a 13L Inline V8 or B. a 15L Inline V8. The guy asking the question took it a step further by asking him which of these engines would fit best in a "Cheeta V8" a fake car from GTA 3,Vice and San Anreas. He ofcours chose the 15L just because it was a bigger #...Of course we laughed at this but to the side. Next day he started talking about Corvettes and how it'd smoke any civic the late 77 corvettes so just to see if he knew anythign about this car I decided to bull **** him back I said the 77 sting rays? Those aren't **** 4 cyl inline with a body weight of 3500 lbs and only pushing 150 hp not very fast...Which was totally wrong and he thought about it and said "yeah your right man" again laughter but to the side. The next week he started his talk about Mustangs again so just because I was so pissed i went up to him with a couple of friends and asked him if he even knew what a V8 was and he answered "The intake" now we laughed at him. Ever feel like your into import cars and tuning just to show up those dueche bag muscle car idiots (and im referring to the ones that dont actually know anything about cars, the ones that just know V8 big car must be fast smash on the gas and i go fast)? Not the full reason why I'm into it just seems like another reason for me to show up at the line in a 4 banger and murder V8s.

Old 08-17-2005, 08:31 PM
Default RE: Wrong Reasons...

ORIGINAL: FD_Sauce

the ones that just know V8 big car must be fast smash on the gas and i go fast)?
An dont like to turn,

especially right hand turns

Old 08-17-2005, 09:26 PM

why right hand turns?

Old 08-17-2005, 09:40 PM
HCF Member

Because there aren't any right hand turns in Nascar. Well, there are some road tracks, but mostly it's "Go fast, turn left, repeat."

AutoX pwns Nascar.

But on topic, If you are learning just to show up others then that seems a little shallow. You should wanna do it for yourself and your ride. Showing up others is just a kick *** benefit.

Old 08-17-2005, 10:12 PM

No no its not the only reason. I wanted to get into cars and started reading/learning/working on cars before i even met this guy.

Never said i had a problem with V8s or big displacement cars or domestics. Just the idiots that look down on imports just because they thought the hairy old guy in 2fast 2 furious look better than the eclipse...the ones that dont know what they're talking about and talk shti anyways

Old 08-17-2005, 11:13 PM
HCF Member

I know, I was just giving you a hard time.

Dude, that Yenko was dope. I thought it was interesting that they admitted that the "American Muscle" cars were faster than theirs, but they were gonna have to outdrive them. They shoudl have made that course a little more interesting than down and back.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:25 PM

Why not try educating him? Humiliation just leads to resentment.
Resentment leads to discrimination. Discrimination leads to hate.
Hate creates domestic drivers. Domestic drivers anger God.
God kills kittens. See the pattern? Save the kittens, educate!

Old 08-17-2005, 11:54 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Street Sniper

I know, I was just giving you a hard time.

Dude, that Yenko was dope. I thought it was interesting that they admitted that the "American Muscle" cars were faster than theirs, but they were gonna have to outdrive them. They shoudl have made that course a little more interesting than down and back.
thats BS. they quoted the hp figures of the 'Merican cars, but that evo should have had WAY more hp than them, and awd in a lighter body. it wouldnt have been a contest.

Old 08-18-2005, 12:16 AM

That Evo would eat either one of those buckets for breakfast

Yeah, go EVOOOOOOOOO

NASCAR...........Its American for boredom.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:58 AM

i want an inline v8 too!!!!!!! haha

so a v8 is an intake huh???
man i must be really off on my car knowledge

haahahhaaha

great story

Quick Reply: Wrong Reasons...