Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Will this turbo work?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Default Will this turbo work?

Honda Civic Turbo Specialties (TSI) B Series Extreme Turbo Kit

So that's what I am considering getting with the optional ball bearing upgrade. I've never installed a turbo and have never really tinkered with an engine before.

First of all....will this turbo work with my stock b16a2 safely? 6psi seems reasonable for a DD. I don't think I'll have to change any of the internals.

Secondly, will this be something I can do on my own or possibly with a little help? I can't afford to have someone else install it and I'd rather do it myself anyways.

And from what's listed on the parts list is there anything else I'm going to need? I'm a total newb(as my name indicates) when it comes to civics. So whatever I do won't be until I've done some more research on the subject. I've ordered a couple books as well to get me a bit more educated on the subject. If anyone can think of parts I may need that aren't listed please let me know.

I should add that I won't be buying this right away. I have some serious saving to do before I can even think about buying a turbo. But having goals and knowing, realistically, what it's going to cost is always a good thing. I figure if I buy this setup I'll probably be hovering right around the $4,000 range to get it fully installed and tuned properly.

Oh and also, I already have a spare P28 w/ harness so I won't be needing that.

Thanks!