Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

'05 Civic Coupe: Where's the Cruise Control Module?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Default '05 Civic Coupe: Where's the Cruise Control Module?

I bought this civic used and figured I'd fix the cruise control that was inop, no prob. Instead I can't find the cruise control module.

I went to the library and printed a ton of stuff about the cruise control with diag. info, pictures, etc from All Data. I've tested the steering wheel switches, and the master switch to the left of the steering wheel, and both are fine.

The next step in the diag says to check the module.. Big problem, it's not where it says it is. Haven't been able to find much online as far as location of it.

The car looks to have had an aftermarket alarm installed b/c there is a cheap looking box w/wires running into the steering column. I mention that b/c I wonder if they may have taken out the cruise module to fit the alarm?

There's also a random connector hanging near where All Data said the module would be but it doesn't have the same number of terminals as expected.

Wondering if All Data is wrong and I should be looking for the module somewhere else in the car.