Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

1993 honda civc bogging/missing after warming up

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Default 1993 honda civc bogging/missing after warming up

hello all was wondering if you guys could give me some insight on my problem with a 1993 Honda civic lx 4 door 1.5 l

she starts fine and runs for a good 5 to 10 mins with no problems with the acceleration or idling. but after its had time to warm up about 5 to 10 mins depending on how cold it is, she starts bogging when i go to give it gas to take of from a stop light and idles really rough like its missing while stopped.

ive found that if i fluctuate the gas pedal a little bit i can get it to run fine but i push to much and its sounds like its 2 or 4 stroking or like there's a few cylinders missing.

i originally bought the car 3 hours away from my home town and drove it back problems didn't start until about an hour into the trip ran beautiful till then.

ive had several suggestions tps sensor iacv disturber rotor plug wires plugs plugged cat fuel filter o2sensor at the moment im stumped and dont have a lot of cash at moment. so any help with narrowing the issues down would be help full

one last thing if i can get the gas in the right spot itll run fine and i have to press the gas lightly or itll start missing but if i get it in that sweet spot i can ease the rpms up till about 4 grand then i can slam on the gas to get up to speed with out any bogging or missing cant tell which it is.

any help you guys can offer would be much appreciated
sorry for the long post >.<