Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

1995 Honda Civic, trouble installing aftermarket radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Default 1995 Honda Civic, trouble installing aftermarket radio

Hello.

I'm trying to install a Jensen CD2620 radio into my 1995 Honda Civic LX. I've figured out the first few wires, like the speakers and the ground, but now I'm left with the power -related wires and I'm not sure what to do. My car supposedly a 3 different power wires, a tuning power wire, an ACC wire, and a keep-lights-on wire, but my radio only has 1 power-related wire and a fuse wire.

If you guys could help me figure out which remaining wires connect to which wires, I would be so appreciative.

I scanned these two pages of my manuals in case this helps.

http://img50.imageshack.us/img...4.jpg

http://img50.imageshack.us/img...5.jpg

This is my first car, so i apologize if i did something wrong that was retardedly obvious for most of you. :-/ thanks in advance.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Default RE: 1995 Honda Civic, trouble installing aftermarket radio

are you using a harness adapter or did you cut off the factory harness?

Old 09-07-2006, 11:39 PM
HCF Member

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/HA-Wiring.pdf

Old 09-12-2006, 06:36 PM

I have the same kind of car and have installed a clarion cd player. Let me just ask, are you sure there is only one power wire that is attached to the cd player? If so then I would attach it to the acc power wire coming from the car. This way when you turn your ignition to the accesory position, the radio will have power to it. And when the car is running the radio will remain on as well. If there are two more power wires that you're not using then be sure to put caps on them with some electrical tape to prevent them from shorting out if they happen touch something metal that is grounded. I believe my calrion cd player had two power wires. One is for the main power which is connected to the acc power wire, and the other is a constant power wire so the cd player will reatain it's memory (radio presets). On mine, the red was the main power wire and I think the memory wire was yellow. Double check yours and if there is only one power wire for the cd player then hook it up the acc power wire. It should work fine.

Old 11-11-2006, 12:10 PM
HCF Member

on my 93 i had to run a wire from the batt for eighter the acc or the main power cause i couldn't find it

Old 11-12-2006, 06:23 PM

I purchased an adapter harness, 93 Civic,just plugged in and ready to go. Made for a cleaner install IMHO Cructhfield sells these. I think I picked my up locally at a specialty shop.

Old 01-18-2015, 02:24 PM

i also tried to install a pioneer unit in my 95 Honda civic dx sedan, and i didn't have the harness so i cut the stock radio harness attempting to splice the aftermarkets with my stock. didn't work. so i got a harness from autozone, and splice that together with the pioneer harness that also didn't work. so i had to reinstall my stock receiver and now the memory goes blank on the receiver every time i turn off my car. can anyone give me some solutions as on why my stock receiver don't remember my stations(reset after car goes off) and what did i do wrong trying to install a new receiver? it would be greatly appreciated

Old 01-19-2015, 05:16 AM
Recognized HCF Member

The "BACK UP" fuse in the fuse box under the hood next to the battery is blown. Since that circuit is always live, if you start cutting wires without disconnecting the battery, the fuse is likely to blow.

This supplies power to the white with blue stripe factory wire, which is the always on yellow wire on an aftermarket unit.