Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

1996 civic A/C not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2024, 09:49 PM
Default 1996 civic A/C not working

So I got a civic here where when you switch the blower and A/C on, neither the condenser or compressor clutch kicks in. I checked the fuses and relays they were all good, next i fiddled with the wires of the A/C pressure switch and the condenser does come on when I ground the Blue-Red wire or the Blue-White wire.

please help ASAP

Old 04-02-2024, 06:17 AM

The failure may have been caused by too little refrigerant in the system, which translates into insufficient lubrication of the compressor. Similar effects are caused by too infrequent use of the air conditioner - if it has not been switched on all winter, the fault becomes apparent in early spring. Dirt circulating in the system is also a frequent cause of compressor failure. These can be metal particles, which are naturally formed by operation.

Old 04-03-2024, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by CivicHP
The failure may have been caused by too little refrigerant in the system, which translates into insufficient lubrication of the compressor. Similar effects are caused by too infrequent use of the air conditioner - if it has not been switched on all winter, the fault becomes apparent in early spring. Dirt circulating in the system is also a frequent cause of compressor failure. These can be metal particles, which are naturally formed by operation.
It blows cold though… i don’t know if it’s the A/C switch or something else…