1998 LX Question about new Denso AC Compressor Clutch - HondaCivicForum.com

Go Back  HondaCivicForum.com > General Automotive > Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat
Reload this Page >

1998 LX Question about new Denso AC Compressor Clutch

Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

1998 LX Question about new Denso AC Compressor Clutch

Old 07-16-2018, 12:32 PM
CLN
Default 1998 LX Question about new Denso AC Compressor Clutch

I just finished replacing all the AC components on my 98 Civic LX, including a Denso 471-7050 compressor and I noticed with the car parked & quickly revving the motor in neutral, the compressor clutch has a loud click as it completely stops. Upon deceleration the clutch engages and begins to spin again. If the RPMs are gradually increased the clutch will not stop.

I was just wondering is this a built in feature and it's supposed to do this if you mash on the gas to protect the system or something else? I thought maybe the old one did it too but I am only just now noticing on the new one because of the very distinct LOUD click when it stops spinning. It was a very startling noise when first discovered and I immediately thought doom and gloom, something is wrong with my brand new compressor.