Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2002 Honda civic Dome lights and radio issue!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 06:31 AM
Default 2002 Honda civic Dome lights and radio issue!

So I have a 2002 Honda civic EX Coupe. The issue I'm having is when I open my door the interior lights do not come on. There is no power in the car unless I have the key in the ignition turned. Then it all works. But the headlights and dome lights will turn on without the key if I manually flip the switches. The cars radio also resets everytime I get in and start the car. I've been told it could be a ignition switch but I just want to be sure before I waste my time on that Anyone have anything similar happen?

Old 12-08-2018, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Nickstheman45
So I have a 2002 Honda civic EX Coupe. The issue I'm having is when I open my door the interior lights do not come on. There is no power in the car unless I have the key in the ignition turned. Then it all works. But the headlights and dome lights will turn on without the key if I manually flip the switches. The cars radio also resets everytime I get in and start the car. I've been told it could be a ignition switch but I just want to be sure before I waste my time on that Anyone have anything similar happen?
UPDATE*** So I've figured out something. The 10amp fuse that is labeled BACKUP is blown which apparently effects the interior lights turning on with the door open, the key in the ignition alert, the headlight alert, and the radio. I replaced the fuse and they all worked. But then I found out that I could not turn the key to the off position to take it out. So the people I bought the car from must have taken the switch out because the ignition switch must be bad