Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2004 EX a/c-heater fan suddenly quit working

Old 05-21-2008, 10:18 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 2004 EX a/c-heater fan suddenly quit working

i have a 2004 civic ex. where would the blower motor be located?? thank you

Old 02-28-2009, 02:52 PM

Hello RonJ,

I am having similar problem, i.e. my heater/AC fan is not working, The DTC code i get is 12 and I checked the fuses they seem to be fine. For checking the motor for a 2003 Honda Civic Coupe can you please post some pictures or guide me. Looking forward for your reply.

Thank you,
Gemdex

Old 07-15-2011, 04:16 AM

New member here, temporarily reviving an old thread. Just wanted to thank RonJ for supplying the info needed to troubleshoot the A/C. I was traveling on business earlier this week in eastern NC and able to fix the A/C (bad power transistor) with help found in this thread. The weather was pretty darn hot (and humid) at the time of failure. Thanks again.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:34 PM

Hi, all new member on here and sorry for digging up an old thread.

I have a problem with the heater and rer defogger on my 03 civic type R.

First of all I have no LED's lit up on the defog and air recirc button and they dont light up when I try and do a diagnostic as outlined earlier in the thread. the defogger doesnt work either.

Also I am not sure if it is related but i can only blow air up by the windcreen, if i try to change it to my my feet nothing happens.

Do you think its an issue with the control unit? I first of all though maybe no power to the control unit, but the fact that my fan control and heater control work it means the unit must be getting power.

So to reclarify: Fan and Temp controls work, fan direction control, air recirculation and defogger do not work and the LED's do not light up.

Hope you can help!

Thanks

Old 10-11-2012, 08:56 AM

I found this article of great help in fixing a friend's Civic heater blower motor issue.

The cabin filters are behind the glovebox and I just popped out the retained to drop the glovebox sufficiently to replace the filters. As you can see from the the pic they were way past their sell-by date.

I got the 12 flash code from the heater test as shown in the earlier post and went directly to the junkyard to get the blower module.

To change the module I removed both the plastic panel below the glovebox, it just pulls out, and the glovebox itself undoing the bolts by the bottom hinge. The control module is easy to replace but the once screw it tricky. With the new module in place it all started working as it should.

Thanks for the help, appreciate it.