Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2005 civic won't crank.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 10:17 PM
Default 2005 civic won't crank.

the timing belt had never been changed at 120,000 miles so I changed it. started right up but, it was slow on acceleration but I got it home. noticed the positive battery cable was corroded so I cleaned it, not good enough, I couldn't tighten it up tight. so I clipped it and peeled the cover back and found more corrosion. tried to find a positive cable end and all I could find is a temp one. stuffed all four wires in and everything lite up like it was supposed to but the little key light was flashing it said the chip was no good or it didn't recognize the key so tomorrow I will take the vin no. down to the stealer to get a new key. while I am at it I will check the timing belt to see if it is off a little by the way someone stole the radio last week and just left bare wires under the dash. the air filter was also plugged solid and the exhaust manifold is cracked right above the o2 sensor. it has been a learning experience. does anyone know where i can get the right positive cable and a wiring diagram on what wires go to the cable?.