Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2010 Civic Driving Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Default 2010 Civic Driving Issues

Hi -
I'm having issues with my 2010 Civic. When I'm driving at any speed, with or without the accelerator or brake applied, I hear a thudding or low rattling noise which sounds like its coming from the front of the car (mainly the right/passenger side). It sounds as though the tire is flat, but there is nothing wrong with the tire.
Additionally, the car doesn't quite ride right. Aside from the thudding, which can be felt when driving, the car doesn't seem to handle bumps too well. It seems that there is a bit of rattling after the bump. What I mean by this is that the car doesn't just have a smooth "bump" or "da-dum" - the car seems to be affected more, louder, and for a split second longer.
Finally, it seems as though the anti-lock brakes are activated a lot easier now. Before, they'd only activate on ice or if I had to slam on the brake, but now if I hit a bump I feel the rapid firing of the ABS.

I have no idea what this could be, but I was hoping someone here could help! Mainly I want to educated myself as to what it likely could be before taking it to a mechanic.

Thanks.