Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

95 front turn signal not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Default 95 front turn signal not working

I have a 95 that I hit a deer in and damaged the left front headlight and blinker on. I ordered replacements off ebay, the headlight works, but the turn signal and running lights aren't working. I checked them with a meter and it appears that I'm not getting power to them. The flasher seems to be working and the rear turn signal is working. I can't find any breakes in the wiring. Does anyone have any ideas? I checked the fuse's, but didn't see any for the turn signals. Is there a fuse for them? Any help would be great, i'd like to get the car street legal again and back on the road.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:51 AM

Anyone have the wiring diagram for the turn signals? Is there a relay or fuse some where? I didn't see a fuse under the dash for the turn signals?

Old 03-21-2010, 07:01 AM
Recognized HCF Member

There's a fuse for the running lights it is the same as the tail lights. Do the tail lights work? For the blinkers it's the same fuse for right or left turns so that's not it.

Take the good socket / bulb off of the other side and try it. You may have a bad ebay socket. The lens is of course different left vs right but the bulb socket should be the same for either side.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:34 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Do all four front and rear hazard lights work?

When you tried to measure voltage at the front bulb receptacles, did you use the receptacle ground wire or the frame as ground?

Last edited by RonJ; 03-21-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:46 AM

Sorry guys, I've been out of town. I will check tonight. I can say that when I measured the voltage I used the body as gnd.
Thanks for the help.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:12 PM

Ok, just went and checked. Turns out it's the blinker switch on the steering column. I noticed that when I pushed the lever down to turn on the left turn signal that it would work for a second. If I pres it down then move the lever around it starts working. I guess it just has some dirt or something in it. Hopefully they won't nit pick it to get it inspected.

Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll run into something else, I need to do the brakes?

Old 03-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Does the left rear turn signal work? If so, the switch is fine.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:28 AM

Yes, the front and rear work when I mess with the blinker lever. If I just mover the turn signal lever down the front flashes once, but the rear works, but flashes really fast. Somehow the switch breakes out the front and rear turnsignals? I wonder how hard it would be to change out the switch?

Old 03-30-2010, 11:47 AM
Recognized HCF Member

It's designed to flash fast when only one bulb is working, to warn you there's a bulb out. So it sounds like the front bulb still isn't working all the time. Like Ron suggested, just hit the 4 way button and walk around the car to check all the bulbs.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:38 AM

The front bulb is good, the flasher is good, the switch in the steering colum is bad. I can mover the blinker lever around while it is blinking fast and it slows down and flashes normaly. Once it starts flashing normaly from moving the lever around, it keeps working like it should, until you turn the blinker off. Then you have to go through the same steps to make it work properly.
Does anyone know how much one of the turn signal switch costs and how hard it is to change?

Quick Reply: 95 front turn signal not working