Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 lx civic not much heat

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:34 PM
HCF Member
Default 95 lx civic not much heat

Ok fellow civic fans, I have a 95 civic lx that lives in ohio. The temp guage never gets much past 1/4. The needle will just touch the temp symbol but thats it. My primary problem is not much heat. I have replaced the radiator, cap, and thermostat. I think all were aftermarket. Just where is the temp guage supposed to ride at if your not moving, or for that matter what ever your doing? I just got done replacing the heater core 2 weeks ago. I didnt buy the preformed hoses and used the red hoses. I had to make them longer but it worked. Longer hoses sure beats the hell out of cramming all those hoses back on in that tight of an area. I would think this civic would roast my *** off just like the 1985 nissan sentra wagon did. The previous owner treated the car like **** because he had water in the system. Evident by the hose leaks that left rust water stains on the transmission. He sealed off the busted radiator tank with stopleak, crack probably caused by frozen water.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:14 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 95 lx civic not much heat

Perhaps the engine temperature is fine but the temperature gauge or sending unit is the problem.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:52 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 95 lx civic not much heat

well the original problem is when it was 20 degrees out, the heat didnt seem adequate enough. So thats why I am having the wife pick up a radiator cap and thermostat from the dealer. If the guage was the problem then I still should have plenty of heat. Although the guage could be reading low. I know the fuel guage seems not like other cars Ive had where its real easy to fuel up and have the fuel guage quickly read full. This fuel guage slowly makes its way to full and I do mean slowly. The guage has made me think at times that I didnt get the tank full enough. Im not even sure what size of fuel tank I have. Ive never been able to get more than oh 8 gallons in it.