Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

95 LX with a D16Y7, No Spark

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 08:34 AM
Default 95 LX with a D16Y7, No Spark

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I'm kind of new to being a Honda owner. I got this 95 LX in TX. All it needed according to the last owner is the brakes bled. Well needless to say that was a full load of bull honky. Well what brings me here for help and advice is that my Civic doesn'the have a spark.

3 Weeks ago I had to replace all of the wiring inside the cab. The ECU harness, the door harness and the rear taillight harness all burnt and melted and was causing all kinds of fun. The harness that goes to all of the doors and fuel pump I patched and rewired. The other 2 harnesses I picked up in a junkyard and plugged in.
Before pulling all of the wires out the car, it wouldn't stall when I turned the key off and the brake light were constant. But if I pulled the gauge assembly out then shut the key off it would turn off.
Back to post wire replacement, now after plugging everything back in and checking fuses, releys and conectors to make sure all is good. Well now no spark. I replaced the ICM and the PGM-FI main rely with no emprovement. The ECU throws a code 15 (Ignition Output). The car also has its brights on the moment I turn the key to ON and the SRS light flashes as the Check engine light flashes.
I pulled the coil and it has a hot spot on it but it reads at 15ohms and the ICM reads at 0.9 ohms. So that's where I'm at now, pulling my hair out because I don't know if something is wrong in the wiring, if there is something cheap and easy to fix (I'm in between jobs and don't have the spare cash to throw at it) or was I mistaken thinking that I could restore this beast to something to AAWWW about.
Any help, ideas, sujestions or hey stupid look here would be great, thank you

Old 06-25-2016, 05:04 PM

Hey Ya'll. The other day I was thinking about this problem I'm having so I looked up the civic I got the wires from. The junkyard gave me the Vin of it and I found out it was an EJ civic and mine is a EG. Would taking the ECU harness from the EJ and putting it into my EG cause me to have the problem's that I have now? I tested the coil replaces the ICM and the PGM-FI with no luck. I was thinking that since the car has had an engine swap that maybe I needed to re-pin the harness for the ECU but then only thing I could find about my swap is that it's just a plug-N-play, everything is good as long as everything is plugged in right.
So any idea if my thought is correct about the harness being miss wired because it's from a EJ and not a EG.