Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

autocommand???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 11:14 PM
HCF Member
Default autocommand???

so today i was doing some stuff on my car and i saw a little on/off switch under the steering wheel like where the tilt control is.ive noticed it before but never looked to see where it went to. so i decided to take it apart to find out what it went to. it went to this http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?i...commandea0.jpg . it says autocommand on it and has some number and letter. so i look up online what it is and it is for an alarm system and a remote starter.everything seemed to be hooked up on it .i just wanted to no if i got a remote for it,would it work?

Old 04-27-2007, 12:06 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: autocommand???

its hard to say if it would work or not, i would try to locate the last owner see if they have the remote for it or try to get one from the company

Old 04-27-2007, 06:54 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: autocommand???

you should be able to contact the manufacturer of the alarm/remote starter and get them to send you a remote. You may have to program either the car unit or the new remote, but either way I don't see it being a big deal My bro did that in his wife's car, said it was a piece of cake