Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Blower Motor + Defogger not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Default Blower Motor + Defogger not working

Hi,

I got a Civic 2001 blower motor stop working and also the rear window defogger. I've checked the fuses and relays for the two problems and they are all ok. The blower fan works when bypassed. All the blower fan speed does not work. A/C clutch does not engage when A/C switch pressed.

I'm thinking it might be the climate control panel that could be defective.

Thanks

Old 07-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Default RE: Blower Motor + Defogger not working

Mine has the same exact problem. Mine is a 2002 though. Could it be the blower motor Transistor? I just went to the dealer (parts department) and the guy was very rude! He wouldn't let me test the ohms on a new transistor. He said that his part would then be used if I hooked up my volt meter to it. Anyway.... Does anyone have any ideas on this? I have a newborn &1 I really hate driving around without air in 95 degree weather!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 07-07-2007, 12:56 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Blower Motor + Defogger not working

The power transistor would explain why the blower motor does not work. However, when you set it to full, the blower motor should go full blast because the power transistor circuit is not used at full blast. There may be a problem with the switch itself. As far as why your A/C doesn't work, there are a couple of threads in tech help that explain how to find out why your A/C doesn't work so try reading them. You might have a special situation if your climate control unit does not work.If the climate control unit doesn't work, you A/C clutch might not be reciving any signal telling that you want A/C.