Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Dome Light not working, Int. Wiper not working....HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 12:28 AM
Default Dome Light not working, Int. Wiper not working....HELP!!!

Hello!

This is my first post here, I love the site already after just 5 minutes... Really helpful.

Anyways, heres the deal. I have a 93 Civic, 2dr. Coupe. D15.....5 speed.... Blabla...

I can not figure out why the heck my dome light doesnt work.... Turns out from what I am reading the ICU controlls all of that stuff and more. Like the Intermittent Wiper function...... Which also doesnt work Lights are on chime, key in ignition.....etc.... All that doesnt work. I started ohming out wires, all looks well so far.... I dont know where I can go from here. I tested the door switches, and they all work cherry. Everything I am finding is leading me back to the ICU. I found some fuses that were missing that also in some way shape or form are related to the ICU. So I put them all in.. Still nothing. It is really starting to make me mad because it should work and doesnt. What else can I check here?

All of this has not worked since I got the car, which i like 3 months (commuter work car) So im not sure if someone that owned it before maybe disconnected the ICU to stop the chime?????? I dont know, I need to take it all apart and look at the Unit itself.....

If it were unplugged would there be more stuff that wouldnt work? Uhhggg, Jap cars are awesome but trying to figure something small out should be simple.... Not having this one unit control so many unrelated things in a car..... I mean, come on... Intermittent wipers and a dome light in one unit...????? WEIRD....

Sorry for the book I wrote. I hope some of you have seen this before and can steer me in the right direction... THANKS!!!

Old 10-02-2006, 12:44 AM
Default RE: Dome Light not working, Int. Wiper not working....HELP!!!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

My car has an AFTERMARKET Stereo.... So, I Think I may have to jump two wires or something on the factory radio harness???? Thanks

Chris

Old 10-02-2006, 11:36 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Dome Light not working, Int. Wiper not working....HELP!!!

when you put the switch to the ON position - it also does not work in that position ?