Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Brighter headlights??

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Default Brighter headlights??

Anyone ever do anything to make the headlights better? I have a 95 LX sedan and the headlights seem really crappy. Should I just try some new bulbs or should I look into replacing them with a projector style? Do the non-hid projectors improve light output or just look cool? I will also be re-aiming them tonight, maybe that will help....

Old 11-13-2006, 03:11 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Brighter headlights??

To make them brighter you can get an HID conversion kit (kind of expensive) or you can try Xenon headlights. I had Xenons on my civic and they were brighter than stock.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:12 PM
HCF Member

Projectors just look good, and unless you get cheap ones the light output will be the same, if not worse.

HID's are what you want if you want brighter. Very expensvie, but well wroth it. Check out newer Cadillacs and Audi's, their headlighst have a purple/blue tint to them. Those are HIDs.

If you want cheap but looks good, get some Ebay Xenon bulbs. I like them, thats what i rock.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:14 PM

Yeah, maybe I am just used to the TL's HID's. I guess I will try getting some Xenon bulbs to brighten it up a bit. Thanks for the info guys.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:31 PM
HCF Member

You should just try Nokya whites first.. that will be a big difference because they will be whiter than your stock bulbs... then if that isnt good enough get a HID kit and join the club

Old 11-13-2006, 03:33 PM
HCF Member

And my 6000k HIDs in projectors are just as good, if not brighter, than the stock HID kit in my wife's car.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:25 AM
HCF Member

you could also buy some aftermarket fog lights, they sell them at wall mart for like $20, if you get those, just mount your switch, cuz if those two wires start touching or being pinched by something....the plastic insaltor/ wire cover will melt....it will smoke, you will touch it, and your finger will burn....(trust me, ive done it) or you could take apart your headlight assmebly and clean the insides out...but that wont help much at all

Old 11-14-2006, 01:25 PM
HCF Member

^ i don't even know what to say to that... seriously... wallmart fog's... *shudders*

in all honesty if you are use ti HID's then nothing will suffice unless you get HID's for your car, you can get them online at somestore for about $250 for the lowbeams, you will sacrifice your high's but at least you can see more then the stock bulbs, you can get the high/lows, for about $50 more then the just low's

Old 11-14-2006, 01:56 PM
HCF Member

actually man my friend got some Wal-Mart fogs and they are really nice. THey are bright white with a bluish tint, and they came with a remote turn on/off so thats pretty cool. Kinda like ebay strut bars, seems like u should avoid them, but actually not that bad.

Old 11-14-2006, 02:07 PM
HCF Member

Yeah but fogs wont solve his problem of crappy headlights... dont add stuff until the part you need is upgraded... save your money and buy an HID kit. Ask WestImports... he is selling a group buy for HIDs at 220 shipped I think... and that is a crazy good deal!

Quick Reply: Brighter headlights??