Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 05:19 PM
HCF Member
Default A/C question.

so just a real quick question. when you push the valve under the blue cover stuff should come out if its charged right? i tried it with the engine off/ ac on...and with the engine on/ ac on.

just checking because my mom kept saying it was charged but it didnt work and she claimed it was a relay, and she wanted me to spend MY MONEY! (at least $100 plus labor just for them to check to see whats wrong..then you got your parts $) and its not really a big deal, but i have to drive an hour to school and back starting july 16..so, i really dont want to deal with the heat and wind noise plus the worse gas millage from having the windows down! so i figured if my assumption was correct, then i could recharge it for like $20 myself and if it has a leak, at least then ill be able to find it.
thanx

Old 06-24-2007, 02:32 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: A/C question.

well...since no one else knows..ill post the results so some one else may know the answer...

i talked to some people that confirmed my assumption (its not charged) and we have agreed there is a 99 percent chance there is a pin hole leak some where, but its tiny because it took about 8 years for it to leak off....so, if i can even get two out of it, ill be happy, plus, its prolly on a hard line some where that i can find for like $10 from some one thats boosting. so, im going to charge it monday, check for obvious leaks....and enjoy my cool air with the tinted windows, and enjoy my privacy once agian.

also, i heard midas does a CHECK for $50...plus parts and labor...LOL!!!! but i dont have one any way, however, i have a local that will check it out for free and fix it pretty cheap...so, if for some reason that doesnt work, ill have him fix me up.