Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car almost broke into. Window busted

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Default Car almost broke into. Window busted

Hey fellas,

Someone tried to break into my 2000 Civic two-door last night at my local gym. They messed with the window but couldnt get the door open. Unfortunately they did manage to throw my window off track and now it wont roll up all the way. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips to pulling off the inner door panel so that I can access the window and put it back on track. I am mechanically inclined but I really just have no idea where to start to get the door panel off.

Thanks for any help....great forum too btw.

-Adam

Old 03-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Default RE: Car almost broke into. Window busted

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_124507/tm.htm

Looks like this may help solve my problem.

I had tried to run a search before posting my problem but it wasnt working...looks like I just needed to poke around a bit more.

Old 03-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Default RE: Car almost broke into. Window busted

Sucks that your car was almost broken in to. Ill tell you what i did when my window keep on falling off. I might forget some details so bare with me. First unscrew your door lock panel and the panel with the window switches, they each only have one screw and unhook them. Then pop off your door speaker grill, its easy to do, and then there should be three screws holding in the speaker and disconnect the speaker itself. There is three screws around the edge where the speaker was and you'll have to unscrew those to. The door is held on by clips and you should be able to just pop them off with some strength. Do worry about using some elbow grease ive had to do this at least 4 times and i never broke anything on my door panels. Next after your door panel is hanging by just the top part just slide it up and out. This part i hated and i always had to get my dad to do this. There is a 10mm bolt that holds the tracking in one spot, you'll want to loosen this so you can try to get the window back in between the window stripping. When you get the window back into the stripping get a can of silicone and spray ALL of the weather stripping for the window. Spray and move the window back up and down and repeat. I think i did this for 15 mins for both doors and since then my windows haven't fallen off yet. Hope that helps a little. Like i said i dont remember everything so id look over the whole door panel before you try to rip it of. Later