Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Car sat 1 month, now random no start...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Default Car sat 1 month, now random no start...

So my 92 vx 5spd has sat for 1 month without being started, i went out the other day and all it did was just crank crank crank crank, no start, after a few failed cranks it would want to start up, idle, but as soon as i would hit the gas, it would bog down and stall out. It was almost like hitting the gas cut the car off rather than accellerating.. crazy

well it took about 5 minutes of trying to start it with this same cranking for a few minutes, then it finally starts a few times only to die, then go back to just cranking it.

the car finally started and stayed started with no problems the other day, then i let it sit for 1 week again, and went out today to start it up and it did it again today, this time it took about 10 minutes to get it started, going through the same routine. what can i check to figure out wtf is happening here. i move out in 2 weeks and need to fix this now if it's gonna keep doing this

thanks

nick

Old 05-21-2007, 01:18 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Car sat 1 month, now random no start...

check your wires make sure everythings hooked up. I would check the airfilter box and see if any mice got into it or any other part of your car. And go down and buy some dry gas like isoheatand some reg gas at a good place (mobil etc.) fill your tank atleast over half and try again. When cars sit for awhile especially on a low tank moisture can build up in the tank and gas lines. Check spark plugs aswell report back.