Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Civic hessitatin under load

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Have you done the disconnect the injectors test again lately? Is cylinder 4 still dead?

If it is try swapping the injector, plug, and wire since you now know it's not a compression issue. Also you could have an air leak where the manifold attaches to the head at #4 but that would mostly affect it at idle not running fast.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:46 AM
HCF Member

I replaced injector 4 about 2 weeks ago. Their isn't any engine light on so I'm pritty much lost on this car.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:11 PM
HCF Member

well my fuel pump went out and yesterday when I got off of work at about 11pm drove to my girls house which is about 35 min north and then began to take the back seat off.

Replaced the dame thing and not I've got fuel again. I was like butter replaceing this thing. took about 15min

But the bad thing is that this Motha ****R is still acting up. I just don't understand it.

It mainly acts like it's bougging. I will try to present a video for you so If any one has had this issue can recognize what the issue is and help me.

I don't know if the cat could be cloged up but I don't believe so.

This thing is kicking my ***.

Last edited by S142JZKillaV10; 03-25-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:26 AM
Recognized HCF Member

So you're still running on 3 cylinders? If you continue to drive while misfiring badly, the cat is likely to burn up and fail.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:59 AM
HCF Member

Ok so I worked on the car more and Noticed that when the Vehicel is cold it runns on all 4 cly but when it is warmed up it runns on ONLY 3 1/2/3 clyerds.

For some Odd reason #4 injector is Dead. Something shuts #4injector down. I have fuel on All 4 when it's cold but then it warms up and #4 doesn't work any more.

I replaced the fuelpump and Injector #4 already.

UMMmmmmmmmmmm Anyone have this problem and where is the Fuelpump Relay located ??????

I checked all the fuses under the hood and above the brake pedal fuses and they are all good.

I also when to for a test drive got back turned the car off and tryed to turn it on but the fuel pump wasn't priming. Waited about 15min and then tryed again and it did prime and start up this time so Yea big FN Pile of Crap.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:00 PM
HCF Member

Ok found were the relay is.

But would any one have
any suggestions on why the car is cutting #4 injector ???????

Vvvvv

Old 03-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Remember: the disconnect the injectors test is not specifically to test injectors. It tests the whole cylinder. It can't distinguish if it's a fuel problem, or spark, or compression. If there is any problem with the cylinder not firing, disconnecting the injector will have the same result -- engine will not slow down.

The #4 injector stops clicking? Listen to each one separately with a stethoscope or a piece of hose. You can also see if the ECU is trying to drive an injector by unplugging it, bend the wire leads of a #194 bulb out and push them into the injector plug. The bulb should flash as the engine turns.

The relay drives all 4 injectors at once. There is no way that a bad relay will stop only one injector. The ECU does have separate channels for each one. If the injector stops clicking it could be a problem with the ECU.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:42 PM
HCF Member

ok So I believe that the ECU for some stupid reason has going Bonkerz So now I'm in search for one.

I found a few on ebay but I will check to see what the ecu # is on mine.

The ECU is about the only thing that I have not changed I have checked just about everything and well the wireing doesn't seem to be b/c it works fine with the engine cold.

Thank you Fellas. I will keep you updated on the problem .

Old 04-16-2010, 08:03 AM
HCF Member

Ok so here is the run down of what I've done to the car.

Replaced the fuel filter, #4 fuel injector, fuel pump, ECU, O2 sensor, and just did the headgasket.

Car still sputtering at low Rpm and mainly when warm.

Keep in mind it's a 95 Honda civic Lx 1.5L

Last edited by S142JZKillaV10; 04-16-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Default Any updates ?

I'm having the exact same problem with my 99 1.6L SOHC.

Only when warm. Mostly if you just drove for a while, got it warmed up. then you stop for a while (let's say grocerie shopping) and when you start it back, that's when the problem arise.

Mostly first and second gear.
I'm guessing all of them but you just don't notice it as much.
There's a definitive lack of power (only when acting up) and that the hard part, it's not always acting up.
I have no clear CEL... but if it acts up for a while I eventualy get a O2 error which makes sense, since one cylinder is most likely spitting pure gas outside.

Changed the cap/rotor, wire, spark-plug, gas filter.
I'm thinking it's a coil issue...

Let me know if you found anything

Quick Reply: Civic hessitatin under load