Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

civic hx 1996...heater/AC problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 05:19 PM
Default Vent air issue

Like i said in my previous post , i made it work right, i have read that changing a battery causes this issue with the climate control although i dont know what caused mine bc it was like that when i bought it in 2007, still have this car today believe it or not...the repair if i recall involves you to literally readjust the mechanical link on the actuator motor 180 degrees. I know you may think there is some other fix but i have never found it. I read somewhere that someone did this and i did it aswell and it worked. If you donot have the ability to understand what the vent door door does and how it works, you will have difficulties making the adjustment. You will need to look at how it operates while the car is running after you press the buttons only then will you be able to adjust the linkage. As far as your battery dieing over night, you have something drawing current, im sure its not the climate control but rather something that is not powered by the accessory key position. You will need to do some basic trouble shooting of the electrical system with a multimeter to find the parasitic draw. You will need to either pull the positive off the battery and set up the multimeter in amps and anything above 250ma will kill the battery overnight, like a powered relay, after you hook up the meter, then start pulling fuses until you see the parasitic draw disappear, then you have a place to go hunting. Check for any aftermarket stuff 1st, like alarms, auto starts, amplifiers, fog light or relays, these things are usually the culprit. Good luck.

Last edited by 444rose; 12-29-2018 at 05:23 PM.