Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

click noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Default click noise

I started hearing a click noise from the front end of my civic DX with a manual trans two weeks ago. Took it to the dealer, who thought it was brake pads so he put moly in there, and still the click persists. It is a single click that occurs when I engage the clutch in 1st or 2nd or even when I lift off the gas while driving. I put each front corner up in the air with my jack. Then I used a stethoscope to listen while I turned the left or right front wheel. This click can be reproduced in this manner and I have isolated it to the bell housing for the clutch,ie that's the only place that the click emanates from. The click is high pitched and lasts a fraction of a second. I can't reproduce it by bucking the car with the gas pedal while the clutch is engaged.
Any ideas out there? Could it be the thrust bearing, the fork, even the plate springs a little loose? Please help me to help my mechanic.
[align=left] [/align]