Cold Air Intake problem - HondaCivicForum.com

Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Cold Air Intake problem

Old 06-03-2018, 07:46 PM
Unhappy Cold Air Intake problem

Hello everyone,
I recently got my first car which is a Honda 2008 Civic. I am in Washington D.C. area right now for an internship this summer and in the middle of a bad storm hitting the city I accidentally underestimated a turn and hit a curve. The car is still functioning but the air intake itself had detached from the car. I need help in understanding if there is more to the problem than simply putting the air intake back in or buying a new one.

I know what I did was an amateur driver mistake, but I am hoping the people of this community can help me figure out this problem. I may not know a lot about car repairs but I am willing to learn if someone is willing to offer me guidance.

Thank you

Old 06-05-2018, 04:35 PM

Post a pic and we might be able to help more