Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Cost to fix my Civic involved in accident?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 04:02 PM
Unhappy Cost to fix my Civic involved in accident?

Hi,

My 2008 Honda Civic LX was involved in a crash with a state vehicle (Pick-Up truck) in Rhode Island. I was waiting to take a left to move to the opposite lane and the truck guy smashed the front of my car (bumper, two headlights, the radiator (a bit) and the hood). I frantically want help with two questions now:

(a) While I am sure that it was his mistake, myself and my insurance are waiting for the police and crash report. My claims adjuster told me that it will ultimately be depicted in the police report as if it was my mistake and I may at least end up taking the majority of liability for the damages, if not full liability. In case if the mistake is also identified with the truck guy, then will the state bear at least a part of the repair cost for my car? I also read about something like Federal immunity for government employees, TORT law, etc.. so this has gotten even more confusing now.

(b) In case if the government doesn't give a penny and if it turns out that expecting justice from them is as useless as **** on a boar, then I would like to pay for the repairs out of my pocket, without even involving insurance. Here are pics of the front damage of my car: "http://postimg.org/gallery/14n7v98r2/". I have also attached pics. I would be very thankful if I can know a ballpark estimate of the cost to fix the car, based on your guesstimate. I don't even want much paint job, I just want to get my car back on road without beautifying it much.

Any help is greatly appreciated and apologies if this is not the forum or section to post it. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Cost to fix my Civic involved in accident?-1.jpg   Cost to fix my Civic involved in accident?-2.jpg   Cost to fix my Civic involved in accident?-3.jpg   Cost to fix my Civic involved in accident?-4.jpg   Cost to fix my Civic involved in accident?-5.jpg  

Cost to fix my Civic involved in accident?-6.jpg   Cost to fix my Civic involved in accident?-7.jpg   Cost to fix my Civic involved in accident?-8.jpg   Cost to fix my Civic involved in accident?-9.jpg  
Old 03-02-2016, 01:39 PM

You better call Saul!

Old 03-08-2016, 07:58 AM

I recently had a neighbour back into my Dodge Ram truck. Damage was far less severe than what I see on your car. My repair bill was $5300 + $650 rental for two weeks.

If you have collision insurance, now is the time to use it IMO.