Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

crankshaft pulley

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 05:01 PM
HCF Member
Default crankshaft pulley

So i just got a megan crankshaft pulley. I have a D16Z6 (SI hatch) and my crankshaft pulley only has 2 belts one for the alternator and one for the power steering and air conditioning.

All the non vtec EG's have their crankshaft pulley on the other side of the engine and has 3 belts, one for each individual.

As i get it i'm all excited just to realize that the pulley is for the nonvtec ones and has 3 belt slots on it... when i look at my engine and the pulley i wonder if the third rung for the third belt will even fit on my engine, it's obviously not the right one and defeating the purpose to put it on... because i'll probably be adding weight because of the spot for the third belt

I'm thinking that i should jsut sell it again on ebay and buy the right one, because it's not worth it to install that when its not the right part, even though i could... and it would work fine...

idk what do you guys think?

Old 08-02-2007, 05:03 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: crankshaft pulley

If they sent you the wrong one then tell them and they will probably let you send it back then they send you the correct one.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:16 PM
HCF Member

no it was froma seller on ebay and you know how the listings are just like "honda D15 D16 SOHC fits all" and they're not lying but they're not telling the truth... like yeah it'll fit my motor but its incorrect...

I'll take most of the blame and just bite the bullet and see if my friend with an lx wants to buy it. I already have the right one lined up on ebay for not much more... but does anyone know how much the stock one ways? if it's steel then it's gotta weigh close to 5 pounds... so this one i currently have would be some type of upgrade...
here's the listing i got it from
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Old 08-03-2007, 06:38 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I'm pretty sure all d-series crank pulleys are on the driver's side of the motor.

Put the megan one on, and see if your two belts line up. The third is just for A/C so its not a big deal if its left on without a belt

Old 08-03-2007, 06:52 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: bp4131017

my crankshaft pulley only has 2 belts one for the alternator and one for the power steering and air conditioning.
One belt for both PS and AC? I have never heard of that. Can you get a picture?

ORIGINAL: bp4131017

All the non vtec EG's have their crankshaft pulley on the other side of the engine
that's . . . not possible. The transmission is on the other side of the engine.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:58 PM
HCF Member

yeah that megan pulley will def. fit your car man. Ones for alternator,p/s,a/c. It will fit dude. and the difference of the megan vs stock is insane. stock underdrive pulley weighs bout 15lbs. the one you have weighs about 1.2lbs.