Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D16Y8 wire harness??? I need one!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Default D16Y8 wire harness??? I need one!!

I have a D16Y8. I need a wire harness for it. The wire harness got wrapped around the supercharger and ripped all to hell.

Plus found out that the ECU is the wrong one. I bought this car from a kid like this btw.

Can someone shine some light on this for me. I looked for a d16y8 wire harness and its hard to find. What one can i get to make it work?

I need the P2P ECU also right?

Can I get the base 1.6L wire harness and add the vtech wires in?

I need to get this car back on the road seeing how this is my only means of transportation at this time.

Thought it was going to be easy getting this car up and running but it has turned out to be a wiring nightmare.

So please help me out and get this supercharged beast on the road. Thanks guys.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:54 PM

What ECU is in it now? It may not be "right" for the car when it was stock, but you may have something tuned to your ECU for the S/C set-up. It is not recommended to run a stock D16y8 motor on something that is supercharged.

have you checked eBay for a harness?

Old 05-28-2012, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
What ECU is in it now? It may not be "right" for the car when it was stock, but you may have something tuned to your ECU for the S/C set-up. It is not recommended to run a stock D16y8 motor on something that is supercharged.

have you checked eBay for a harness?
I have checked ebay and for 175.00 i guess thats not to crazy..

if you seen the wiring by the ecu you would s@#t. lol. I just want to buy the right ECU for the car and try to find out what wire harness i could buy for the car and im thinking there has been some changes to the motor internals?? not shur but it looks like some had fun with there credit card and just throwing money at to make it fast but didnt do it right..?? idk

Old 05-29-2012, 07:43 AM
HCF Member

I got a 97 EX Wire harness but it is Auto. (The iacv plug would be different).

There is a way to turn it to manual ( I believe, gotta do homework on that).

Let me know.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:21 AM

You really need to tell us what ECU you are running. I am going to assume you have a OBD2 harness in the engine bay, it goes to a conversion harness, into a P28, or other chipped OBD1 ECU.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:34 AM

^That

IT might be a chipped P28 ECU that is exactly right for that setup. The wiring mess might have been a DIY conversion harness.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Xevic
I got a 97 EX Wire harness but it is Auto. (The iacv plug would be different).

There is a way to turn it to manual ( I believe, gotta do homework on that).

Let me know.
I have a p2e Ecu that has been chopped and hacked. I have a vtech controller. Yay! Lol. I'm going to buy the p2p ecu manual vtec. I have done the homework on auto wire harness and have the two wire plug for the iacv. But yeah how much do you want for the wire harness???

Old 05-29-2012, 11:40 PM

Thanks guys for the responses. I think your right about the ecu but I beloved that it a p2e but not shur??? Ill have to check it out. Looking to buy the p2p and use the apexi controller. I can't find a p28 for a decent price so just going to use what I got.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:20 AM

Piggy backs suck, but they are better than nothing I guess. Make sure you have an air fuel gauge with a wideband o2 sensor so you know what you are doing. Keep an eye on intake temps, too.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Piggy backs suck, but they are better than nothing I guess. Make sure you have an air fuel gauge with a wideband o2 sensor so you know what you are doing. Keep an eye on intake temps, too.
Lol. I'm might do it right if I plan on hanging on to this car with a p28 ecu. Have to look at gauge installs. I'm a little new to tune a car but its all worth it imo.

Quick Reply: D16Y8 wire harness??? I need one!!