Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do i have A/C?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 02:09 PM
HCF Member
Default Do i have A/C?

Ok when i bought the car and tried the A/C it just blows out regualr temp air. So i know if i have it it needs work. But... It might be possible i dont have it. Where do i check to find the A/C components?

Old 08-07-2006, 02:14 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Do i have A/C?

well with the A/C you have to set the temp gauge to cold for it to be cold otherwise it just blows out conditioned air.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:21 PM
HCF Member

Well, you can start on your dashboard - do you have a button labeled A/C?

Old 08-07-2006, 02:58 PM
HCF Member

Go in the hood and count how many accessories you have. If you have 3 (alternator, P/S pump, and A/C compressor) then you do have A/C. Also, check in front of the radiator if there is a thing that looks like just like a radiator but smaller (A/C condensor). Also, you check how many fans you have by the radiator, if you have 2 fans then you have A/C.

Old 08-07-2006, 04:46 PM
HCF Member

thanks agent i think i just need a new fuse

Old 08-07-2006, 05:25 PM
HCF Member

i put the new fuse in because i had it out. I saw 2 fans, p/s pump and alternator. It blows but its not blowing cold air. You think it just might need a recharge? If so what do they actually do when they "recharge the A/C"

Old 08-07-2006, 06:57 PM

When they "recharge the a/c" they take a machine, hook it up to your a/c system, flush the old (remaining) coolant out (making sure to recycle it and prevent its release into the atmosphere) and fill the system back up.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:38 PM
HCF Member

and thats about $30-40 at a honda dealer

Old 08-07-2006, 11:23 PM
HCF Member

there is an ac place here that charges 100 just to open the hood.

you did not say if you saw an ac compressor on the car. if you have power steering then there is a power steering pump running off of the crankshaft pulley, there is an alternator, but there also should be another unit - an ac compressor. did you see that ??

Old 08-08-2006, 10:34 AM
HCF Member

You definatly wanna check for an A/C compressor, the old owner might have removed it for some reason. The A/C compressor is kinda toward the bottom of the car so its hard to see some times. Do you see metal lines going from the condensor to the cabin? You could just have the A/C recharged but if you have a leak then recharging is really a waste of money until you fix the leak. The A/C system is a closed system, so the refrigerant level shouldn't change unless there is a leak.

Quick Reply: Do i have A/C?