Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

dpfi questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Default dpfi questions

hi guys
i was wondering if any of you could fill me in with some info about the engine specs my civic has.the engine is d15b2 and its a dual point fuel injection engine.thing is i have upgraded the exaust pipes with bigger ones and the exause headers with 4-2-1, the intake filter is aftermarket,and i dont see that much gain.i know the engine's weak point is that its not getting enough fuel.just wondering if there is a way besides going to mpfi (cause i really cant spend 500euros in a swap like this) to just give a little more fuel to the intake.

i removed a plate which is located right before the throttle body, and seemed to be working with the vacum when the throttle body opened, but i really dont know what that was there for.is it connected to a sensor or something? i am not trying to make power to race or anything, just need to do a minor tune up

what happens if i just replace the injectors with bigger ones?
what are the specs of my current injectors and whats the pressure they are running at?
i saw a guy that had removed the box thats on the manifold(the one the says dual point fuel injection) and put a pipe going from the filter straight to the manifold...will that be running too lean at high rpm?

i did some googling to find info about this, but i dint came up with anything.