Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Driver side headlight is DIM!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Default Driver side headlight is DIM!

My friends '98 EX coupe's driver side headlight is really dim compared to the other. The assembly brackets were broke for a long time, aiming the light downward, so it always seemed dim then. But she just had a new headlamp assembly put in, and when we checked it, it is still dim eventhough they are properly aimed. So I got her some Sylvania Silverstars (her bulbs were really old anyway). It's still dim, and I noticed when I changed them out, that the wiring harness to the bulb had 1 of the 3 connectors that clips on to the back of the bulb had come out of the harness, so I slid it back in and connected it So is that one wire the cause maybe? If so, how would I go about fixing it? Thanks.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:42 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Driver side headlight is DIM!

when they changed headlight and stuff did they fill the headlight fluid???

lol

also have you checked the ground in the harness, see if its weak or teathered out

Old 05-15-2007, 04:49 PM
HCF Member

MINE IS THE SAME WAY and idk wut it is.. im pissed.. and i know it pisses off my friends when im behind em

Old 05-15-2007, 04:50 PM
HCF Member

Hatch seriously, it's their first post i don't think they understand that joke, it is more of and inside HCF thing

D23NY Welcome, the wire that you said was out, what do you mean that you "slid it back in" did you just stick it in the open spot? chances are thst is what is causing your issue. i would recomend going out and getting a new connector from a scrap yard and have it spliced onto your harness so that all wires are secure

Old 05-15-2007, 05:19 PM
HCF Member

sorry...

Old 05-15-2007, 05:44 PM

Fiirkan, thanks for the welcome........and yeah, I just stuck the wire back into where it was supposed to be. I will check out getting a new harness and splicing it in. We saw the lights for the 1st time at night a lil while ago, besides the fact that ones dim, one is not aimed right. Can't tell if one is low or one is high, haha. I better get this figured out!! Thanks for the replies.

Hatch, that is one bad *** dog you have!!

Old 05-15-2007, 05:50 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: hatch46580

sorry...
No worries man, just thought i would point that out so it didn't seem like you were being an *** lol, i know you weren't trying to be.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:57 PM
HCF Member

I have the same problem with my black housing... driver somehow is pointed downward and passenger is straight.. some people say its suppose to be that way so incoming traffic wont get blinded.. i think it sucks

Old 05-15-2007, 05:58 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: JerZy

I have the same problem with my black housing... driver somehow is pointed downward and passenger is straight.. some people say its suppose to be that way so incoming traffic wont get blinded.. i think it sucks
No the drivers is supposed to be pointed to the right a bit to prevent blinding them

Old 05-15-2007, 06:12 PM
HCF Member

forget the other drivers, i want mine to be straight on both so i dont look like an idiot. I hate having it different. IDK how to fix it manually.

Quick Reply: Driver side headlight is DIM!