Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Driver Side Power Window Down - Yes. Up - No.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Default Driver Side Power Window Down - Yes. Up - No.

Hello,
A few months ago my driver side power no longer went up. It would go down a little, and then get stuck. I took it to the shop and they did some realignment. They did not replace the motor. They said if i continue to experience the same problems i would need to have the motor replaced. Well, i am now experiencing the same exact problem. The window will no longer go up. It does go down a little without issue. The passenger side works just fine.

I was wondering if it is indeed the motor that has gone bad. If so, how much should i expect to pay at a shop to have this fixed. Alternatively, what/where would i need to purchase to attempt to do this on my own.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:29 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Driver Side Power Window Down - Yes. Up - No.

So, the motor works if you want the window to go down. But it does not work if you want it to roll up. Is that the issue?

If that is the case.. Can you hear the motor running when you try to roll the window up, or is it silent?

Old 11-30-2007, 06:11 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Driver Side Power Window Down - Yes. Up - No.

This has happend to me many times. Try cleaning your button connections since there might be some gunk build up (carbon?), that when you press the button, all that build up doesn't allowed it to make a complete connection.