Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EK driving problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Default EK driving problem

Hi guys,

My 2000 civic ex is having some issue that im not sure of so hopefully you guys and help a me out.

So here is the problem: when the car starts its perfectly normal, assuming the engine is cold. As the engine warms up, it started idling at 1500-1700 rpm twitching back and fourth between the two ranges. When i apply light pressure on the gas paddle, the motor seems like its choking and jerks. When i apply a little more gas, around 4000 rpm, the motor revs but sounds very loud and doesn't sound like a smooth rev like before. When the car drives i have to apply medium pressure on the gas paddle or else the car would jerk like there's no trm, this happens around 1500 rpm. As a matter of fact, the car jerk when i pressed and let go of the gas paddle, so basically i have ten minutes of driving before the engine warms up and acting weird. If you guys experienced this problem please help me out; I love this car and its my daily driver so i cant afford to have it broken down on me.

Here is a list of the things that i have done but doesn't seem to work:
*Check and clean IAC valve, seems fine.
*Change radiator fluid, old fluid looks fine.
*Clean throttle plate with carb cleaner, seems to work but problem comes back in a few weeks.

That's all i could think of at the top of my head right now, but i do notice a difference when i clean the throttle plate and the IAC valve but the problem came back in about a few weeks. I need a long term solution not a temporary solution, so any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:23 PM

Any suggestions?