Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Electric/Navi/Radio Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 11:47 AM
Default Electric/Navi/Radio Issues

I've been having some issues with my 07 Civic Hybrid. I'm also an accountant and know very little about cars.

The problem:
When I turn on the ignition the central console sometimes doesn't work. It asks for a pin for the navi system, without it, none of the audio or navi stuff works. After I enter the pin, I get the following error:

"Navigation system lost power and is acquiring its location from the GPS satellites."

All of this happens about 75% of the time I start my car.

Every week or so, I will walk up to the car and the remote unlock won't work. So I manually unlock the door, turn the ignition, and then the car alarm goes off until the key starts to work and I have to press the unlock button for it to shut off.

I don't know if both of these are symptoms of the same issue or both different issues.

Possible causes:
I was carrying around a few water jugs (the 5 gallon water cooler types), and one leaked all 5 gallons into the back seat over night. It took weeks to get the smell out. The hybrid battery is back there, is it possible that it was damaged and is causing some electrical issues?

About the time I started noticing these issues, I help jump a minivan with jumper cables using the battery under the hood. Could that have messed something up?

Any help as to what the issue is or or how to fix it would be great. Thanks all.

Attached Thumbnails Electric/Navi/Radio Issues-img_1346.jpg  
Old 02-25-2015, 06:10 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Check that the connections to the 12 volt battery are secure. Your 12 volt battery may be failing. I don't think this has anything to do with the hybrid battery.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by mk378
Check that the connections to the 12 volt battery are secure. Your 12 volt battery may be failing. I don't think this has anything to do with the hybrid battery.
This seem's to have fixed the problem. I think the problem came from when I helped jump someone else's vehicle. I must have unscrewed the battery connection to get a better fit on the jumper cable.

Thanks for the help!