Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Retrieve serial # for Honda Civic 2006 Ex Xm Radio/Navi??

Old 02-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Exclamation Retrieve serial # for Honda Civic 2006 Ex Xm Radio/Navi??

Ok so heres the deal, I recently bought a Honda Civic EX 2006 2 Door Coupe, with Oem Xm Radio/Navigator. The problem is i changed my battery and i get the code screen everytime the cars turns on. For some strange reason the radio always starts automatically when i turn the key to the on postion(II) showing the honda navigation splash screen,it wont turn off by pressing the power button,it usually just turns off by itself after a while.

And I have tried the 1 and 6 plus power, to try to retrieve serial but it doesnt work(maybe im doing it wrong, hence that the radio turns on and off by itself).As indicated in hondas web page.

Ive searched and looked everywhere for the antitheft sticker but its nowhere to be found, the fuse box lid is missing, theres nothing in the glove box, trunk, doors or under the deck.Also no manual was included with the car.

I know i can get the code for the radio through the honda page, but i cant retrieve the serial numbers.

Any Ideas will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Old 02-06-2010, 05:05 AM

I believe you'll have to go to the dealership and give them the serial number off the radio itself in order to get the code. There should have been some kind of small rectangular piece of paper with the code on it in the manual, but since you don't have the manual it looks like the dealership is the only option.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:16 AM

is there anyway that i can see th serial on the radio by myself??? may be disassembling the radio??? and if so where could the serial be?

i removed a plate from below the radio and i can see some numbers through all the wiring and radio frame. can any of these numbers be the serial?

Old 12-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Default Radio/NAvi codes for 2006 Civic EX Navi

I know this response is a year late for the OP, but here is my free solution to obtain radio/navi serial # and radio/navi unlock codes. No dealer, no phone calls. This is for a 2006 Civic EX w/navi but I imagine will work for newer civics w/navi as well. I purchased this vehicle used about 6 months ago. Logged on to Honda Owners Link website and added this vehicle's VIN and updated ownership info. So, if you have never added your civic ownership info to this Owners Link website, you will need to do that now, so you can log in later with your radio/navi serial # to retrieve the codes.

Okay, to retrieve your serial #, with key in ignition, turn to the second position (II). The navigation splash screen will appear and then a screen with number pad appears. At this time hold down the MAP, MENU, and CANCEL buttons for 3 seconds. Another screen will appear, touch UNIT CHECK button on screen, then touch NAVI ECU on the screen. A serial # will be displayed (e.g. GFB22005301). This is the # you will need to enter at the Honda Owners Link website (along with your ownership info (i.e. phone #, zip code, email, etc.) Once you submit this info, the website will return the codes to you. For my vehicle, the website returned 2 codes, a 5 digit and a 4 digit code. I simply entered the 4 digit code on my Navi touch screen, pressed DONE, and that's all it took. All navi and radio features have been restored.

Last edited by Steamroller52; 12-18-2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: sp