Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

few diff questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Default few diff questions

okay so i have a few questions got a 95 ls tegi and a 96 dx hatch. can i take the back half of the center console from the tegi which is the ebrake and armrest part and put it back in my hatch? so i can have an armrest and a rear ashtray. also are the ebrake cables the exact same length? ive heard of this being done before as well but can i directly swap the rear suspension setup from the integra into my civic rear? if i can can i still use aftermarket coilovers designed for a civic and not an integra or what. i just want four wheel disc brakes. lol. plus my ebrake keeps lockin up so i have to take the drum off and turn the adjuster. (pain in the ***). thanks for the input.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:07 AM
HCF Member

A lot of civic and Integra suspension parts are interchangeable. But you really have to experiment with your other questions, its not that hard to figure out.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:53 AM

Doubtful on the center console swap. It may sit in that area, but it will not mount properly.

No clue on the e-brake cables. I would assume no since one is rear disc, and the other is rear drum.

Integra suspension will work on the Civic as long as you swap the Lower control arms too. Otherwise, the part of the strut which goes around the lower control arm will need to be squeezed in 4mm. The 92-95 civic and 94-01 teg have an 84mm lca bolt, the 96-00 civic has an 80mm bolt.

Btw, you can pull the rear disc swap off of the integra and put it onto the Civic.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 01-22-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:51 AM

i came to the same conclusion on the center console. but thanks for the input. the only question i have left is about the coilovers. should i get ones for a civic or an integra for the rear. due to the diff in bolt size. but is there any real difference in handling by swapping the rears? i have heard there is but if there really isnt then im just gonna swap the brakes.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:59 AM

I would suggest getting the correct suspension for the specific vehicle. If you use the Integra LCAs on the Civic, you shouldn't have any problems. If you don't swap the LCAs, then get the correct coilover system. There woulds be nothing different except for having the correct LCAs for the coilovers you plan on using. You could also use 4mm of washers between the LCAs and the inside of the strut collar.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:11 AM

alright man thanks