Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuse 15 again...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 09:53 AM
Default fuse 15 again...

I have searched and read so many threads and links online but I am unable to pinpoint my problem.

I have a 98 civic with a d16y8 a/t

I am 99% positive it is a grounding issue that is causing my fuse 15 to blow. I get all the traditional symptoms when it does blow and I can get the fuse to blow by driving over bumps in the road. I have gone so far as to pull the head off the engine in order to gain access to the entire harness.
The only problems I could actually see were the crank sensor wire had come loose and was being worn down by the belt (damaged area cut out, fresh wire patched in and rerouted, no effect on fuse 15).
The knock sensor plastic cover had come loose and was hanging on by the small wire inside (I discovered this after pulling head and have not checked if it could affect fuse 15, none of the wiring diagrams I've seen indicates it uses fuse 15).
I completely opened up the harness around the two junctions that reside under the intake manifold and have not seen a single thing wrong with any of the wires.
Prior to this I had pulled the plugs one at a time to all the commonly associated sensors/devices on fuse 15 with no affect.

my primary question is, could the knock sensor wire be to blame for fuse 15? I don't want to waste my time fixing the knock sensor, putting it all back together only to find that wasn't the problem.

Thanks for any help!

Old 11-15-2020, 09:23 AM

anyone ever seen a wiring connections like this before?