Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting really discouraged

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Default getting really discouraged

so i thought my car was kinda quick, well today i got beat by some older (90's) ford truck. im pretty sure it was a v8 auto. also what i took into consideration is imight justsimply suck at shifting.i have a aem dry flow air intake and greddy 4-2-1 headers +downpipe, i have a 00 civic ex coupe and i was wondering is there anything more i can do to my car to make it a little quicker besides a turbo and/or a better/bigg motor? i was thinking on getting a cat back, but i wasent sure what one to get..

Old 03-15-2008, 08:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: getting really discouraged

I don't know what to say. One night I was driving home and some Nissan Titan took off fast next to me so I decided to go all out. He noticed and I wasn't able to catch up to him, but he wasn't pulling away either.

I drive a 00 ex also, was completely stock, well I think it is. I am the second owner, bought it used at a used dealer. Ever since I had it I thought it was a little quicker than what it should be, maybe I'm just imagining things, but Titans aren't "slow" trucks.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:15 PM
HCF Member

intake manifold, cams...

Old 03-15-2008, 08:18 PM

thats kinda what happend to me, i wasent "street racing" but i like to hear vtec from time to time. so the light turned green and i kinda acceled normaly to like 2 g then steped on it, and by th time i hit 2nd his bed was right in front of me in the other lane, he really dident get away from me, but still. i still think it has alot to do with my shifting, i tend to shake and stuff when things like that happen, thats why i dont do it often. but, i did the basics to my motor, and maybe summer ill put a cat back on it, but i have lowering springs and a stock 00 si spoiler commin..at least it will look semi fast =)..lol