Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help With Some items...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 03:51 AM
Default Help With Some items...

Alrighht i have a 94 civic lx and i am not exactly sure what engine i have but i found headers of megan racing that fit 88-00 ex/lx/dx D16 for 190 bucks and i am not sure if it will work with my car...
http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...a00087778.html

and i found a Bosal catback for like 400

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...a00075490.html

and a injen short ram for like 65 bucks

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...e00028573.html

will all of these be alright for my car... and are they good products...

Old 06-15-2007, 07:44 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Help With Some items...

if u look under the hood, and c this:

your a proud owner of a D15B7 (1.5L 16 valve sohc). it runs 98 horses... and ud be best off searching for the parts that fit the engine code.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Here's the easiest thing to do if you have a civic equipped with a pre-cat (the catalytic converter is actually inside the header), which is basically anything that's not an si or ex:convert the entire exhaust to an ex/si exhaust. Get a header that was designed for a 92-95 ex; it will bolt right up to your d15 (most d-series parts are interchangeable, but not all). Now, get a catalytic converter. You can get a universal one, but I'd recommend getting a converter made specifically for a 92-95 ex. Next, get a cat-back exhaust for a 92-95 ex. It will bolt right up to your new converter, and the exhaust bends will match your car perfectly. And presto-chango, you have an easy performance exhaust that can still pass emissions (provided your header is emissions-compliant, which Megan Racing isn't).

If you live in Cali or someplace where emissions testing is strict, I'd recommend either getting a 50-state legal header like Hedmen's Chikara header (should be around $150... check out http://www.summitracing.com/) or you can pay double the price for pretty much the same performance from a DC header.

Oh, and just a little warning: I wouldn't recommend buying from Andy's Auto Sport. They don't actually stock most of the products they carry. After you order, they send the order to the manufacturer who makes the part you order, who does stock the part. Then, the manufacturer ships that part to you. This means the shipping times are a little longer, and AAS absolutely rapes you on shipping charges. I ordered a pair of Z3 fenders (which came in a surprisingly small box lol) and M3 mirrors. The shipping was $110; let me put that into perspectivefor you. When I orderedmy full body kit, the shipping was $185. I'll never order from them again.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:23 PM

alright iam pretty sure it is D15B7 cus it looks like that...

will the headers come with a downpipe... i am really not sure about all that stuff... and i think there is a pipe that does from the downpipe to the cat or does the car just go right on to the downpipe... and how much do the cats and catbacks usually cost... and most of it is bolt on if it is all specific for the vehicle right, but if it was a universal one i would have to weld right....

i probally wouldnt buy anything from andys auto sport but i just go there to look for the parts because they have a good selection of things for a specific car

Old 06-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Almost directly below where the upper radiator hose attaches to the engine, there is a flat place on the engine block (between the exhaust manifold and the transmission). This is where your engine type and serial number are stamped. There is usually a lot of grime on there, but if you clean it up you'd know for sure which engine you have..

Old 06-18-2007, 07:52 PM

yeah i looked there before and it didint look like there was anything there but now i know i gotta clean it off to see it.. thanks